What's new

Twitter domains

helloworld

Top Contributor
Seller wants $1500 on the extension I want.

What are peoples thoughts on buying twitter accounts ? I have to say I loathe to pay it, but see little option ... Thoughts ?

James

Top Contributor
Depends how established the account is, how many followers and what the term is. If it is branded or generic? You could get it trademarked and acquire the term if the account has no posts/history. The issue is if they have built something from it and have an established brand it may be very hard.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
It's very difficult to get Twitter to hand over an account. Showing an active trademark would be the absolute minimum, but that may still not be enough depending on the term (username) and the current usage of the Twitter account.

If you really want it, you'll probably have to pay for it. On the upside, at least they're willing to sell - in many cases account holders have no interest in doing so.

As you probably know, selling accounts is against Twitters TOS, so keep it under wraps ;)

Good luck with it all!

m8e

Top Contributor
I would take into account a few things, like:

How long you guesstimate it will take to earn that $1500 back using that twitter account, and whether you could do the same with a similar twitter account name

If it's a cool keyword name account you are considering buying, perhaps it might be almost as good to just choose a longer twitter username with an underscore or dash and some other word or perhaps numbers

e.g. keyword_word2

Does it give you all that much more credibility with your target market if you have the $1500 keyword username?

There is the intangible value of "brandability" to consider, and how much value you place on that over during the course of building this business.

How responsive and savvy is your target demographic with regards twitter?

helloworld

Top Contributor
It's brand. All brand. Making the money back would be nice, it's really for 1/better brand awareness 2/ego

2 obviously being intertwined with 1.

I have made lots of clients from twitter but that isn't really the issue here.

He has just come down in price. Hoping he will come down some more.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member