What's new

trademarked name

findtim

Top Contributor
i think its gone to a good home.

-------------

story:

my business was originally gonna be up.com.au ( hand reg) back in 2000, that bloody domain is sitting at over $3K+ on NF right now !

hint: don't listen to girlfriends when buying domains :)

tim

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Well done Tim. Hope to learn yours and Neds secrets and skill when it comes to selling domains to end users.

findtim

Top Contributor
Well done Tim. Hope to learn yours and Neds secrets and skill when it comes to selling domains to end users.

Chris C, yes i'm happy

Blue wren, well i have only sold a couple, no where in Neds league but this sale was really good for me as i actually "walked the walk" with what i have talked about, in this case the end user found me but that i don't think makes a difference to how you deal with it.

he showed his cards by having an established brand, but i was approached by someone a few months back about that domain and told them it wasn't for sale, maybe he had sent in a " test the ground person" ?

in the end i settled on my price and just phoned the guy and told him my price, there was no trick to it.

tim

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So was there much haggling or negotiations involved or did you just pitch him the $3300 offer and he accepted?

findtim

Top Contributor
So was there much haggling or negotiations involved or did you just pitch him the $3300 offer and he accepted?

remember he approached me:
no haggling, as i said " i've thought about it and i am willing to sell for $3K plus GST no negotiation, otherwise i will just keep it"

and he came back with " thankyou, i think thats a fair price "

yes, it was that boring.

i think he knows he got a "get out of jail card" , but i don't feel ripped off, it was win win

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Sold

here is the update.

the money is in my account today, i didn't even have to follow him up.

tim

MCUH

I think you're in a unique position. I agree with Billy01; try opening/starting negotiations with him and see what happens. You shouldn't have any concerns because as I understand you registered the domain prior to the trademark so there's no issue here. I have read so many different ways of appraising/valuing domains and don’t think you should use an automated appraisal service. You could speak with a professional domain appraiser in Australia and see what they think. But as mentioned previously, I think $5000.00 could be a reasonable starting point or you could simply do some basic SEO for the owner of that business and drive some traffic to his site with a redirect and get paid using CPC or something like that.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo