What's new

town-service OR service-town ?

johno69

Top Contributor
Which one do you prefer and why?

dubbodentist.com.au or dentistdubbo.com.au ?

plumberwollongong.com.au or wollongongplumber.com.au ?

I've been using one way primarily for a while but considering a switch in line with a re-branding.

Feedback please.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
I prefer the one that sounds most natural when said out loud, which is usually 'place'-'service'.

I get that people often Google 'service place' e.g "plumber Melbourne", but if you were to tell someone the name of your business or website - I think 'Melbourne plumber' / 'melbourneplumber.com.au' works much better than 'plumber Melbourne' / 'plumbermelbourne.com.au'.

johno69

Top Contributor
Thanks Guys.

That's my view too. I was just thinking maybe I've been so used to using it one way for so long maybe I was biased and couldn't see the forest for the trees any more.

findtim

Top Contributor
yes, demoniods explaination except when it looks funny.
i still struggle with my client of 8 yrs dubbooptometrist because of those 2 o's
but i suppose people IN dubbo don't see it that way.
i own both ways for many of my town/service domains but park the service/town on top
tim

johno69

Top Contributor
Thanks mate, yeah I have both for this one I just can't get a logo I like with the town first so was looking at options.

findtim

Top Contributor
they have a nice logo i think, + its well branded so its not changing.
i HATE doing logos for clients, you can't pay me enough, i always send them away with the words " MAKE SURE its HORIZONTAL NOT VERTICAL " , " tell the person its for the web header"
and i always get some F'n Vertical monster !!!
that and choosing stock photography, once again tell the client to look for themselves and give them links, otherwise you spend hours finding great stuff they don't like, but they end up choosing crap themselves?
i was going to upload an image but it didn't work. anyway........crap

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members