What's new

To buy, or not to buy...

Shaun

Top Contributor
Who has an iPad?
Do you use it much?
Regret buying it or must have?

I'm in the throws of debate with myself as to buy one or not. I don't get trains/trams/or get driven around for that matter and I do not read (other than online).

Is it worth it?

davids

Top Contributor
Bloke I was with in California had one, had it for maybe four days then sold it... he reckons it was a massive waste of money.

Honan

Top Contributor
Who has an iPad?
Do you use it much?
Regret buying it or must have?

I'm in the throws of debate with myself as to buy one or not. I don't get trains/trams/or get driven around for that matter and I do not read (other than online).

Is it worth it?
Yep, I got a 3G 16 gig ipad
I love it and use it every day. No regrets.
Advantages: I got an ipad and you haven't
Disadvantages: It won't fit in my pocket ( probably because there is too much other stuff going on down there )

paz

I'm holding off for the Google one at the end of this year. I'd also hold off for the iPad 2 if you want to go with Apple. I'm sure it will have a in built camera and Face Time capabilities.

soj

Founder
I was very tempted to get one too, but as Paz said, am waiting for an updated model with a few more features. Not sure if I would get one for the 3G, if its as fast as my phone is, it would be worthless. Id let it sit on the coffee table, perfect for imdb, tvguide, and just a quick web browse when lounging around.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
I bought mine on an impluse when they came out. I've used it a lot more that I thought I would - Catching up on emails, the news, forum posts etc on the bus on the way into work. Browsing this internet (I rarely use the computer at home now). Read a couple of books on it. Also, I quite like it as a games machine - Plants Vs Zombies, Air Attack and a bunch of others. The Wife and Kids like it too, so it's rarely idle.

Andrew

WG2010

Archived Member
Don't waste your money, it has no practical use if you already have a laptop and smart phone and the Kindle is the better device if solely used for reading.

Timmy

Banned
I'm keen to get one for field sales, and because I seem to have 4 thumbs when it comes to iphone. Also, not having to zoom or hold it 2 inches from my face would be awesome.

Like my new cars though, I always wait for version 2 :p

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members