What's new

Thoughts on these Domain + Logo Package Deal Style sites?

James

Top Contributor
Saw someone asking about buying a domain and logo "package deal" off this site called Brand Bucket,
Kind of reminded me of buying "fast food"
https://www.brandbucket.com/
Anyone every tried something like this for the AU market.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I have a couple of names at namerific, I did sell automational/com quite quickly but the others have stayed stagnant till now, compressy, buyerhire, phonette, pharmsy, prepayo ......all .coms
~
I was going to reg fixy.com.au and now I hear callfixy.com.au or something like that on the radio a bit lately
~
I don't think it would do well in Australia ..... the numbers are not there I suggest

findtim

Top Contributor
interesting idea that doesn't quite hit the mark IMO.
i would say its more like " i have got a BUNCH of mispells and got the .com for them THEN went over to
Code:
stocklogos.com
and purchased a $49 logo and now i'd like to sell it to you for $4500
NOW, if they were good domain names i can see that working.
tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
interesting idea that doesn't quite hit the mark IMO.
i would say its more like " i have got a BUNCH of mispells and got the .com for them THEN went over to
Code:
stocklogos.com
and purchased a $49 logo and now i'd like to sell it to you for $4500
NOW, if they were good domain names i can see that working.
tim

Tim, BrandBucket has had some very good sales and this "all in one model" does work for the start ups, many feel that if the brandable relates to the industry and is catchy they will go with it ..... of course you can do your thing but some prefer this method. As mentioned I can't see it working on a cctld

findtim

Top Contributor
i can't see the difference whether its a tld or a cctld, mispells are misspels !
but i like the idea and at the end of the day an EMD is the best brandable IMO

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I am at the homepage of BrandBucket and the first five names are Mullable, Semiload, longleash, vologo, valuoso
~
The first three are spelled correctly in my view, the next two are just made up words, who is to say they spelled correctly?
~
Brandables can be what they want, the .com will always take precedence over a cctld because it offers a worldly extension and the chance for acceptance everywhere. I would say these are not mis-spelt but rather "made up"
~
Margot Bushnaq .... (the founder of BrandBucket) has been interviewed on DomainSherpa, for some this was a well kept secret and they were getting regular sales, however once word got out and it was mentioned on the forums such as namepros the market became saturated and there was a long delay for the folk listing their names, the rort of paying $500 for a logo (when the domain was sold) seemed to enable people to jump the que .......in my eyes
~
http://www.domainsherpa.com/margot-bushnaq-brandbucket-interview/
~
The worlds most popular dating app uses a mis-spelt brandable ...... tumblr.
~
Brandable = No rules .......... except that they are normally .com

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
A mobile phone is a product? ........ a generic term
~
Once a brandable becomes a success .......... it's branded

jamesau

There could be room for this in the Australian market but it might need to be an extension of another business. Probably not enough sales to justify an independent operation.

It's slightly unique here in that there would need to be some consideration of ABNs and trademarks given the ease of raising a dispute.

At least the quality of domains available might make it more appealing than the random strings of 7 letters in the .COM space.

Ash

Top Contributor
Are attractive com.au doing something similar, albeit not based on community submissions?
(were they a sponsor of DNTrade?)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Ok I'll try again, there is NO MARKET for .com.au's when it comes to brandables ..... the best brandables are in .com, this is because .com is accepted worldwide ...... can't be any clearer than that. The best brandables relate to the subject matter ......if you had any gumption your new start up will be able to take on the whole world. If not buy a .com.au generic and go for I am authority on your business card ,,,,,, the Op asked about BrandBucket, this a site dedicated to .com sales
~
Beer time ......

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads