What's new

This is called progress

Ashman

Top Contributor
The moment we move to a cashless society will be the time when we become a total Orwellian society.

goldnugget

Top Contributor
I cant see us going cashless, but the automation side of online payments is what will continue to shift. Personally I like to put my pin in for an eftops transaction.....I dont like tap and go (the lack of security around it is mind boggling (you can still lose several hundreds of dollars in small transactions) and if I dont authorise a transaction from my account...that transaction doesnt go ahead).

Even a local (HerveyBay) Sushi joint offers Paypal for payment, so that option is and will spread rather quickly in some areas of business.

(I miss paper money...I miss the smell of a crisp paper note)

In relation to Orwell....as far as I'm concerned they would be better making '1984' a text for year10 English than Romeo and Juliet.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Cash is never going to vanish unless the government outlaws it, the resistance would be massive in my view, both in terms of privacy and those part of the "cash economy".

smee

Top Contributor
I'm so old I remember when bankcard was around and the 3 different colours that made up the 'b' looked like 3 sixes, ie: the mark of the devil and some people had a theory that soon you would not be able to survive (ie, buy food etc.) without that 'mark.

snoopy

Top Contributor
some people had a theory that soon you would not be able to survive (ie, buy food etc.) without that 'mark.

Interesting, things seem to repeat, reminds me a bit of 3d movies, predicted to replace regular movies every 20 years.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I'm so old I remember when bankcard was around and the 3 different colours that made up the 'b' looked like 3 sixes, ie: the mark of the devil and some people had a theory that soon you would not be able to survive (ie, buy food etc.) without that 'mark.

i haven't heard the term bankcard for a while .....i'm only 48 and a half

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members