What's new

The VIP Lounge?

ttfan

Top Contributor
I've noticed the VIP Lounge, and that it's not accesible to new members or search engines.
Can I ask what the purpose is of this forum section, and how one could be given access?
PS I did search to see if this information was already discussed somewhere, but unfortunately one cannot search for VIP as it's only a 3-letter word.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
It's for private talk and you need to apply to admin to join, nothing too special but some names offered for sale are sometimes only listed there

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
There are some topics that are not suitable for public discussion. The VIP section allows for more open discussion about aspects of our businesses, investments etc.
VIP members go through a vetting process, which adds a higher level of trust.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
More info here:
https://www.dntrade.com.au/blog/dntrade-memberships/
There's a fee for VIP membership. There's also a number of requirements that need to be met, including approval from existing VIP members (peer review) and providing additional information (contact details, ABN etc).
I think a number of the requirements have been (or are being) amended. I think a couple of the new ones are: a minimum existing forum membership duration and a minimum number of forum posts.

findtim

Top Contributor
.... i'm talking "out of school" ........
as demoniod said above, the VIP is used to REALLY discuss things we do not want google to know about, questions that "seasoned" domainers want to get more knowledge about and others are able to provide more information.
its info that has been well earned over experience and time , IMO by posting in the general area, offering your knowledge, giving feedback to others that don't know what you may know then apply for VIP gives you a better chance to get into VIP.
the cost is minimal but the knowledge is grand and also there are many other things that happen that nobody sees like personal replies, ........... this sounds like a sales pitch !! sorry , so continue to be involved in dntrade as honest questions and posts and you may be invited.
( note, i am just a member, not an admin )

tim

ttfan

Top Contributor
I'm not a domain trader as such, although I do have a number of domain, and I'm fascinated by how people make money out of domains.
Would it be fair to say that's it's mainly for the more serious domain traders?
PS I hope there is no problem in discussing this in this public section. I just want to find out what it's all about to see if it may be worthwhile for me.
Thanks guys!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
We had someone recently apply who had only two posts and seemed a bit obvious in his motives, you have shown a desire to engage and ask questions so i can't see you joining being a problem

ttfan

Top Contributor
I'm not a domain trader as such, although I do have a number of domain, and I'm fascinated by how people make money out of domains. Would it be fair to say that's it's mainly for the more serious domain traders?
PS I hope there is no problem in discussing this in this public section. I just want to find out what it's all about to see if it may be worthwhile for me.Thanks guys!
Would anyone else like to comment on this?

petermeadit

Top Contributor
The other members have summed it up pretty well. It is also a place where the occasional special offer, or special VIP invite is posted.
However, at this time we have temporarily removed VIP applications while we improve the process. Anyone interested, please keep an eye on the DNTrade updates thread.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo