What's new

The story behind creditcard.net.au

DomainNames

Top Contributor
great link! Thank you for it.. keep them coming!

so from the recording I picked up ..AUDA has only 6 staff, they are not government but are an "industry self regulated body" and they make policy based on all stakeholders input they said.... Interesting!

Dark Blue Sea ( 600,000 domain names) still promoting direct type in generic names as the best investments they have.. also interesting. They also kep saying they mostly have names in the " fully deregulated market" ie the .com space not the AUDA space hinting Australia is too regulated and behind the rest of the domain name world?

Also mentioned is 80% of disputes are stopped by the "Cease and Desist" scary letter lawyers send to scare people into giving up their names without it even going to Policy and panels etc. My take on this is DONT BE SCARED BY THE CEASE AND DESIST LETTERS... They always try it first and most people just give up their names without a fight or response.

Last edited:

Lucas

Top Contributor
Very interesting!!

Was particularly interested in James' ending prediction that the au namespace will grow 10 fold in the next 3-5 years. Lets hope he is right!

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Was particularly interested in James' ending prediction that the au namespace will grow 10 fold in the next 3-5 years. Lets hope he is right!
Heard that one too. I think he's being a bit optimistic - but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

:D

Lucas

Top Contributor
Heard that one too. I think he's being a bit optimistic

I agree, but it does show they are expecting serious growth over the next 5 years whatever the exact number may be.

James

Top Contributor
Good stuff James is a top guy, He knows his stuff very well, I have worked with him in the past...Hard call in regards to 10x growth for this market but it is possible.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo