1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

The story behind creditcard.net.au

Discussion in 'Domain News' started by Simon Johnson, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Simon Johnson

Simon Johnson Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
  2. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

great link! Thank you for it.. keep them coming!

so from the recording I picked up ..AUDA has only 6 staff, they are not government but are an "industry self regulated body" and they make policy based on all stakeholders input they said.... Interesting!

Dark Blue Sea ( 600,000 domain names) still promoting direct type in generic names as the best investments they have.. also interesting. They also kep saying they mostly have names in the " fully deregulated market" ie the .com space not the AUDA space hinting Australia is too regulated and behind the rest of the domain name world?

Also mentioned is 80% of disputes are stopped by the "Cease and Desist" scary letter lawyers send to scare people into giving up their names without it even going to Policy and panels etc. My take on this is DONT BE SCARED BY THE CEASE AND DESIST LETTERS... They always try it first and most people just give up their names without a fight or response.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  3. Lucas

Lucas Membership: Trader

Very interesting!!

Was particularly interested in James' ending prediction that the au namespace will grow 10 fold in the next 3-5 years. Lets hope he is right!

4. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

Heard that one too. I think he's being a bit optimistic - but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

:D

5. Lucas

Lucas Membership: Trader

I agree, but it does show they are expecting serious growth over the next 5 years whatever the exact number may be.

6. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

Another great interview, I'm really enjoying these Simon; thanks!

7. James

James Membership: VIP

Good stuff James is a top guy, He knows his stuff very well, I have worked with him in the past...Hard call in regards to 10x growth for this market but it is possible.

8. hadhad

hadhad Membership: Community

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  9. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Good job Simon. Keep them coming!!