Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

findtim

Top Contributor
imagine auda asked every domain name holder what they wanted and gave them a variety of choices, with explainations and not just a YES field

answer. how do you think THEY would vote?

do you want a .au ? ( followed by pros and cons )

1) don't do it, i don't understand it and don't have time to think about it, happy the way it is. present statis quo remains
1b) i don't want it, it cost me a lot of money and 4 years of link building and blogging to rank number 1 and i don't want to pay for that all
over again.

OR owners agree to change, based on these options:

2) bring in.au and .com.au gets it and pays, has 5 years to pay, .com.au stays forever, so i am happy to pay for extra domain
3) bring in .au and.com.au gets it and doesn't have to pay EVER. .com.au stays forever but as long as you hold it you can hold the .au, its a
"joined" rego, ownership can be transfered.
4) bring in .au and.com.au gets it and doesn't have to pay until 5-10? years when .com.au gets deleted forever and only .au exists. so you
swith to just paying for .com.au to just paying for.au . gives you heaps of time to rebrand.
5) .net.au and .com.au have equal rights to .au, if they both claim .au it has to be mediated, if no resolution then no.au until one side gives
up.
6) .net.au and .com.au both have rights to .au , the .au goes to the one with longevity. meaning a .com.au purchased on drops today if the
.net.au is presently registered then the .com.au will have no chance at .au
7) trademark holders prior to the cut of date get the .au over the owner of the .com.au

did i miss any options? let me know and i'll update the selection.

johno69

Top Contributor
How many polls/posts are we going to have about the same thing?
I think this one is a bit pointless. The results will never hold much weight in the end.
7 is just not even in the running. A TM has not been required for any .au for a long time (ever?), why bring that in now?

findtim

Top Contributor
TM concerns have still been of topic recently thats why i put it in.
eg:http://www.domainer.com.au/what-a-shock/
--------------
The reason I am shocked is that the sole panelist decided in his wisdom to rule in favour of the complainant. And I’m even more distressed at some of the reasoning given:

the Panel draws the inference that, for the purpose of paragraph 4(b)(i) of the Policy, ............./ /.......................disputed domain name or to otherwise profit at the expense of the Complainant and others who have name and trademark rights in respect of HRA.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Simplify the poll if you want people answer it Tim. A question should take 10 seconds to read, not 20 minutes.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member