What's new

The Race is On.

JDSaward

Been following the Drop for a month or 2. Bought a few.

I think today is the first time I've seen a .com.au and its .au version hitting the active auctions together.

At -15 min they are neck and neck. At -10 min same. At -5 mins .com.au flys ahead.

AuDirect does not take up the challenge (of course they both might be the same buyer), and at the post .com.au wins by one Bid.

Just observing at this stage. Still too early to know how au direct values will run over time. But in this case Au Direct wholesale cost is equal to half the .com.au version. That's more than a third. We might make the jump into setting the retail prices similarly. Or I might. Might is the operative word. A small sample I know.

I've put quite a few bets on AuDirect. So this is very interesting to me.

As per Drop rules not disclosing the name or going price. I'd call it an interesting medium value pair of names. GoDaddy calling them both low value, for now.

Erwin

Top Contributor
It’s probably too early to compare the two
.com.au is well established, but generic one word .au direct is getting interest.

JDSaward

Most of my Au directs are auto valued by Above at $US100. It is interesting to me, that even now, at the starting gates, some have a few added dollars or even 10's of dollars. I observe and wait.

trellian

Top Contributor
FYI the Drop rules for posting, you can post the domain names without pricing. You can also post the Price if you were the buyer, as that is then your choice to disclose the final price.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member