What's new

The only good domainer is a dead domainer..

Ashman

Top Contributor
An interesting article. This guy is basically saying that he intends to stop the prolifiration of keyword domains in his new gTLD space.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Agree with what he is saying, speculation has ensured the failure of every new tld that has come out.

The only exceptions are the ones where the domainers don't even bother or it is closed to general registrations, they've failed on their own. I guess the question is would a new tld become successful if speculation where prohibited? I don't think it would be a big change, there is no real scope for new extensions, and how does one actually prohibit speculation? Look at all the red tape .com.au had, and there was still speculators.

In short this issue was resolved in the 1980's, that is when the standards for internet addressing were set. For new tlds operators they would be wise to allow speculation because that is their primary market in my view. Personally if I were running such an enterprise I'd target domainers as the main buyers and pepper it with some "enduser" stuff for show, much like .co I guess.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Agree with what he is saying, speculation has ensured the failure of every new tld that has come out.

The only exceptions are the ones where the domainers don't even bother or it is closed to general registrations, they've failed on their own. I guess the question is would a new tld become successful if speculation where prohibited? I don't think it would be a big change, there is no real scope for new extensions, and how does one actually prohibit speculation? Look at all the red tape .com.au had, and there was still speculators.

In short this issue was resolved in the 1980's, that is when the standards for internet addressing were set. For new tlds operators they would be wise to allow speculation because that is their primary market in my view. Personally if I were running such an enterprise I'd target domainers as the main buyers and pepper it with some "enduser" stuff for show, much like .co I guess.

Maybe for one I agree with you on this one Snoop

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member