What's new

The LLL market is sizzling hot right now

snoopy

Top Contributor
Think it is 99% to do with Chinese buying. Makes it very risky at the moment in my view.

snoopy

Top Contributor
On what basis? I hope they start buying up .com.au as I am sure most of us do.

Because you've got one type of buyer making speculative purchases which is what is driving the market. If things go the wrong way for them prices could easily tumble. In my view now is good time to be taking some money off the table.

As far as Chinese buying Australian domains I don't see what that would happen. They don't use .com.au domains.

Nazz

I highly doubt Chinese buyers would want to invest into the .com.au extension.. I don't see why they would.

On another note, NNNN.com seem to be high in demand from the Chinese as well..

snoopy

Top Contributor
I sold xbc.com for decent coin earlier this year on Sedo to a Chinese buyer.

Sounds like a combo for china, I used to own xbw.com many years ago (sold it in mid 2008)

The market seems to be around $10k min for these names (worst combos), a lot around the 15k area.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Yeah, for sure. Had lots of interest from China for that domain.

I think that is what it comes down to now, Chinese buying pushing up prices and nothing else pushing really, other than domainers speculating because of the chinese buyers. I think it is the kind of market that could fall 50%+ if something happened with those Chinese buyers. The LLL.com has been a roller coaster for a while. They fell about 60% during the last bust.

Very liquid domains (low end ones) but you've also got near no parking revenue and it is debatable whether there is really endusers (as opposed to speculators which I think is what a lot of the chinese buyers are doing).

James

Top Contributor
QUA sounds like a random combination tho it has a good meaning in Chinese I believe.

I was gong to buy an LLL.com in 2006 for not that much I think around 3k, I should have done it tho wasn't keen as it was a random combination.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I remember one dude used to have this in his signature line at namepros, "Don't buy seX.com from me because it has an X in it ,,,,,,, silly domainers" ...... bad letters ?? ......umm/no longer

snoopy

Top Contributor
I remember one dude used to have this in his signature line at namepros, "Don't buy seX.com from me because it has an X in it ,,,,,,, silly domainers" ...... bad letters ?? ......umm/no longer

I think it is just the market changing rather than domainers being wrong about it. i.e. X, Z, J etc are not common letters for western company names but it does work for the new chinese buyers.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo