What's new

The Internet Show Melb (4-5th May)

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Anyone here planning on attending this free event?

The first event of its kind dedicated solely to covering internet related issues for business. It provides the ideal environment for you to learn from the experts and gain hands-on experience with the latest products and solutions.

Over two days you can access three informative and practical conferences, FREE educational seminars, workshops and an exhibition showcasing the latest products and solutions.

Discover:

* How to build and grow your social media strategy
* How to optimise and measure your social media marketing campaigns
* How to boost customer engagement through better web design
* How to combine your online presence with e-commerce to increase sales and customer loyalty
* How to use the latest SEO, email marketing and social media techniques to drive traffic to your site

http://www.internetshow.com.au/

WG2010

Archived Member
The talks look like they might be interesting but I'd pass on visiting the booths. Also, it says free but when you go to register, it says a 2 day pass is $1,165.

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
The talks look like they might be interesting but I'd pass on visiting the booths. Also, it says free but when you go to register, it says a 2 day pass is $1,165.

wtf ?

i would have gone for free but .......

Over two days you can access three informative and practical conferences, FREE educational seminars, workshops and an exhibition showcasing the latest products and solutions.

Feel free to contact them ask them why they are falsely advertising ............. i did

http://www.internetshow.com.au/contact-us.stm ........... the contact page

Last edited:

WG2010

Archived Member
Yeah it is confusing, I wanted to listen to the conferences but you have to pay where as the seminars are free. Is there a list of what the seminars cover or are they as I'm guessing a total pitch fest.

Last edited:

Honan

Top Contributor
Can you help?
Should I go to the internet show in melb, today or tomorrow?
It is next to Jeff's shed ,yes?

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Fark totally forgot about this show. Whats the pricing structure? Free to enter exhibition and some seminars, but have to pay for the conferences?

Honan

Top Contributor
Fark totally forgot about this show. Whats the pricing structure? Free to enter exhibition and some seminars, but have to pay for the conferences?

Yeah, I think so
I applied for the free admission ticket and they sent me a bar coded ticket with my name on it
I don't know why because it is free admission anyway

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Yeah, I think so
I applied for the free admission ticket and they sent me a bar coded ticket with my name on it
I don't know why because it is free admission anyway

Hi Honan they do this so when you go to stands the stand can scan you and get a copy of all your info you registered with. The stand where they scanned you might then add you to their email list, mail outs etc. Pretty common at all expos now. This database the expo company gets often gets resold which a lot of people dont know.

payattention

Archived Member
I never got around to going. I wasn't completely sure what a free ticket got me vs a paid ticket so I figured f*ck it and put it in the too difficult basket.

DomainNames that is very interesting, I didn't know that. I love the idea of doing that from a marketing perspective but as a consumer, it'd be annoying to get even more spam.

Honan

Top Contributor
I went this arvo
It was OK
They gave you a lanyard for a paper id with your name and company
It had a q code so I guess each stand could scan you if they wanted
The stands were not that orgainised though
I asked a guy at a stand to show me his Virtual agent in action
He said his stand did not have internet access
Then he said it was $5k a month , so I didn't care
Yahoo were not interested in anyone except someone they had in a headlock
At another stand a guy took 10 minutes to enter my details into his ipad
He was distracted by a model helping him out
A lot of the stands were offering the same shite:
Overpriced hosting, DNs , adwords, SEO etc
There were some exceptions
Nice looking chick at the netregistry stand
She nearly talked me into paying $39 per DN
Anway I only took cards from the stands I liked
Here they are
mobileNation
DesignIndustries ( nice URL www.di.net.au , (Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, snoop :)
A Chisolm Institute guy who was giving free sessions all over melbourne about social networks http://www.chisholm.edu.au/studyAreas/CABS/BEC/Pages/WebworksforBusiness.aspx
SuperSocial.com.au From mornigton Vic, had cool facebook packages from $20 a month
I was gagging for a beer by the time I got out of there
PS
Ned, canyou edit any typos because I will be away for 25 mins

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Dropped in today as well. Some seminars were great, others were terrible (bad presenters, sales pitches).

Stands were a mix of ok and rubbish to most professionals. So right about the overpriced SEM providers. I love how everyone tries to rename their Adwords reselling service to something 'cool'.

mobileNation was the most interesting for me. Great concept and will love to see more developers use it to provide low cost app-like development. Good, casual staff there as well.

johno69

Top Contributor
PS
Ned, canyou edit any typos because I will be away for 25 mins

You can always use

johno69

Top Contributor
Directly above the text box where you enter your post.

To the right...

Also google toolbar has a spell check if you use that.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member