What's new

the good old days

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm writing this before NF results today ( i wasn't bidding )
http://screencast.com/t/6PRmEm4wz
ahhhhhh, the good ollllllllll days, a few bidders each snipping each others heals in the lead up to the end, and then at the end a BANG BANG , geez i miss that.
congrats to the winner
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
tim, i am surprised you didn't have a go at bridal.com.au as it is in your niche
i didn't bid.
i'm " out of the game " , thanks everyone for all your help and advice in such a short period of time that i have been a member of dnt but i am now on a Sabbatical, congrats to ned, its a good pickup and for a good price.
i presently have every domain i need and strategies behind them all, i may pick up the odd one but most days i don't even check.
i came with a plan and i have executed it. :)
so now i am back to what i love doing, developing and selling, not selling domains but developing and selling online businesses something i do not think many others have taken on.
2015 will be very interesting and i wish everyone well in gathering domains.
my advice to newbies " thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk before you buy " [ less is more ]
tim

Shane

Top Contributor
i presently have every domain i need and strategies behind them all, i may pick up the odd one but most days i don't even check.
I remember thinking that at one stage! ;)
I'm in a similar boat though. I have some good quality domains at varying levels of development and profitability and really don't need any more.
I stopped checking the drops for a while, but after seeing a couple of very relevant domains sell for prices that I potentially would have added another zero to in order to acquire, I now check every day!

snoopy

Top Contributor
Seems prices have come right down based on that sale. Suspect this would have got 2-3 times that in years gone by.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Regarding people dropping out, not checking etc. The usual reason for that is because they don't think they can make money from those names. I'd say it is a sure thing many have dropped out based on the price slump, largely because of the low chance of a profitable resale. The exact match changes at Google a couple of years ago have hammered things also.

My opinion is that the typical 4 figure .com.au has a much lower chance of selling compared to the typical 4 figure .com. I get near zero inquiries on my .com.au's. I guess at some point it may make sense, if the market dropped enough.

findtim

Top Contributor
Regarding people dropping out, not checking etc. The usual reason for that is because they don't think they can make money from those names. I'd say it is a sure thing many have dropped out based on the price slump, largely because of the low chance of a profitable resale. The exact match changes at Google a couple of years ago have hammered things also.

My opinion is that the typical 4 figure .com.au has a much lower chance of selling compared to the typical 4 figure .com. I get near zero inquiries on my .com.au's. I guess at some point it may make sense, if the market dropped enough.
i think business people STILL are not getting IT, i had the "local blue pages" delivered the other day, i was going to just throw it out ! thus all that advertising $$$ gone for those people but i thought i'd open it and have a look.
its slightly larger then A4, about as thick as you pinky finger ! and i used "painters" as my test case.
Well !!! blablapainter@aol.com
yaddayaddapainter@optus.net.au , the list goes onnnnnnnnnnn
OR even no email address in their advert !
NOOOOOOOOOOO domain names, only a very few.
the SMB's old school are just ok to die away, so its the new breed that are taking ove and the old breed just do not care.
i disagree with EMD and google, i think EMD is a way "past" google as is branding.
emd = hopeful,
branding= spend $$

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics