What's new

"The dirty world of search"

James

Top Contributor
I don't think this article does any thing good for SEO, I work in corporate SEO/SEM these kinds of articles draw the attention to big business. But really the SEO agency must have been soo bad to draw in paid links and use some of the strategies suggested in the article.

WG2010

Archived Member
I don't think this article does any thing good for SEO, I work in corporate SEO/SEM these kinds of articles draw the attention to big business. But really the SEO agency must have been soo bad to draw in paid links and use some of the strategies suggested in the article.

Well James, you can thank Shill Whalen for bringing it to the attention of the NYT and constantly trying to out these awful SEO people. She runs a website that allows you to rat out your competition more like it and she passes it on to the spam team and other journalists.

Oh.. I forgot to mention one other thing... She runs an seo scam and has "done SEO and social media for 15 years."

See what happens when you allow women to vote!

Last edited:

James

Top Contributor
Well James, you can thank Shill Whalen for bringing it to the attention of the NYT and constantly trying to out these awful SEO people. She runs a website that allows you to rat out your competition more like it and she passes it on to the spam team and other journalists.

haha I checked this ladys blog and she has all these anti SEO posts, I love this comment by a user -

Left Hand Luke said:
Serious question here:
At the foot of every page of the High Rankings forum, it reads:
"This forum is sponsored by High Rankings, a Boston SEO Agency", with "Boston SEO" as anchor text.
Why? If that's not trying to game the search engines, then what is?

I mean why is she bitching about other peoples sites when her own site is using some less then white hat tactics.

Shane

Top Contributor
haha I checked this ladys blog and she has all these anti SEO posts, I love this comment by a user -

Left Hand Luke said:
Serious question here:
At the foot of every page of the High Rankings forum, it reads:
"This forum is sponsored by High Rankings, a Boston SEO Agency", with "Boston SEO" as anchor text.
Why? If that's not trying to game the search engines, then what is?

I mean why is she bitching about other peoples sites when her own site is using some less then white hat tactics.

So is that type of thing not cool? Links at the bottom of pages which aren't entirely relevant? It's a genuine question, because I do use that strategy and didn't realise it may not be cool with Google.

WG2010

Archived Member
She's a hypocrite is what he's saying. Calls out other people when she does similar stuff on her own website.

James

Top Contributor
She's a hypocrite is what he's saying. Calls out other people when she does similar stuff on her own website.

Exactly, She wants to take on a bunch of websites she targets every one but even she uses less then white hat tactics.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member