What's new

The Blind Bidding Platform Sux.

Do you think Netfleet's Blind Bidding Platform sux?

• I love it, I smile every time I use it and they win names for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a fence-sitter and don't like to rock the boat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robert

Top Contributor
I will not be happy with Netfleet until they change their bidding system to a transparent bidding platform like Drop.com.au and DomainShield.com.au(.)

Have your say...

findtim

Top Contributor
drop is the best for us, the others is the best for them, nothing we can do eg: yesterday i filled the car with petrol for the weekend, $1.09 p/l , this morning, SAME service station = $1.30 p/l
so who are the real crooks?
tim

ttfan

Top Contributor
I would guess they'd actually make more profit from making the system more transparent, because low bids should encourage more bids. This works so well for ebay, so surely this would be better for netfleet too?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I ran the numbers of this back when NetFleet first introduced the blind tender model - it may have changed since - but it clearly produced a better result for them (close to doubled the average price received per domain).

I don't think a traditional English auction format works well when there are only a couple of bidders (ie less than 5), which is the case with most domain auctions. Whereas a blind tender is quite effective with only 1 bidder.

So the blind tender sucks for buyers (domainers), but is good for sellers (NetFleet).

And given that NetFleet doesn't offer an aftermarket option it does suck for us domainers, but it would be quite nice to be able to sell some domains with the blind tender system if they reintroduced the AMA on their current platform.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo