What's new

That crappy feeling when you lose a domain by a few $

topflight

I wonder if I'll ever get over losing domains by a few $. It's now happened to me a few times with NF over the last couple of months. Grrr.

findtim

Top Contributor
there's been MANY conversations about this over time and i think the best answer is always " put your highest bid on, get on with life and TOMORROW check if you won "
i think it was an american domain guru that said it ( but better)

tim

Scott.L

Top Contributor
I wonder if I'll ever get over losing domains by a few $. It's now happened to me a few times with NF over the last couple of months. Grrr.

I know that feeling, especially when you think this is the one...oddly enough, there's more than just one. I think the expiry auction is also a clue for finding that right domain/niche.

I've been inspired a couple of times by an expired domain and missed winning it by a couple of bucks, funny enough, I simply contacted the 'Premium Domain Parent' and paid close to the same. Once I contacted the winning bidder and offered a higher price and got it. When you find the right niche for you, then you dont really need the expiry auction -

Scott.L

Top Contributor
I never feel bad if that was my budget, always more around the corner

Yes, if you can stick to a budget. I think the intention of a silent auction is to tempt a bid beyond your budget, by overvaluing your competitions bid.
Generally, retail buyers are not as well informed as us, in terms of wholesale valuation, usually we are competing against ethusisastic bids by a bigger budget of ignorance. LOL, I know I have won domains in ignorance, domains with no real market to sell into, basically stuck developing it, and after this commotion passes, I realise I do not know the income potential of this domain, how much more will I need to spend in developing it into something profitable? Lesson learned, a domain investment is more than just bidding on a domain.

Erwin

Top Contributor
I had this scenario happen recently where I was in negotiation with a seller, (Private sale) and we were about $100 away from settling a deal. The negotiating stalled.. a day passed & I bit the bullet & bought the name. (Thinking I'm going to regret it if I don't get it)

But there has been times I've lost out & had that regret feeling.. that's life!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member