What's new

Tell him he's Dreamin...

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Dreams.com.au currently listed on Netfleet in the 'Spotlight' section with a starting price of 1 million and a target price of 10 million.

Ummm.... yeah...

Anyone else got examples of some ridiculously overpriced domains they'd like to share?

Denis

Anyone else got examples of some ridiculously overpriced domains they'd like to share?

Not as bad as yours....

But I once asked for the price of concerts.com.au because I was genuinely interested in buying it.

They said make an offer above US$50,000.

Does anyone even think its worth that?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Dreams.com.au currently listed on Netfleet in the 'Spotlight' section with a starting price of 1 million and a target price of 10 million.

Ummm.... yeah...

So, so many but I have to be careful what I say as many are clients ;)

Nice topic though!!

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Offers above $50,000 for Concerts.com.au - LOL!

With 1900 monthly exacts it's not exactly the most stellar domain out there. I'd put its value in the low $X,XXX tops. I definitely wouldn't pay more than $XXX for it.

David - I knew owning Netfleet would have its disadvantages. What do you mean when you say clients though? Technically isn't anyone with a domain listed on NF your client?

DavidL

Top Contributor
David - I knew owning Netfleet would have its disadvantages. What do you mean when you say clients though? Technically isn't anyone with a domain listed on NF your client?

Yes that's what I mean. Poking fun at how much they think their domain is worth would possibly not be too good for business. I have had arguments with people who honestly believe their reg fee at best name is 5 or even 6 figures. Then they complain they aren't getting results on Netfleet :(

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Ah I gotcha... that's too bad - I think this thread is going to be a lot of fun!

60mins.com.au. Starting Price: 1.2 million, Target Price: 1.5 million.

Anyone want to go halves with me?

Jonathan

Top Contributor
BargainsGalore.com.au - Starting price: $100,000. Target Price: $300,000.

Anyone else find this listing a little bit ironic?

Lemon

Top Contributor

Same guy has vj.com.au listed at 500,000, obviously has high standards

Lemon

Max

Top Contributor
Just because the asking price is unrealistic doesn't mean that the vendors cant "Dream" ..

The owners probably dont really want to sell anyway ... whats a few hundred dollars going to do for them .. be a life changing event ..

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Max don't ruin our fun...

In all seriousness, I think unrealistic sellers do hurt us (and themselves) by reducing overall liquidity. How many newbie sellers will see these listings and price themselves right out of the market?

And anyway, these days a few hundred bucks is enough to lay the foundations of an Internet empire.

Max

Top Contributor
Max don't ruin our fun...

In all seriousness, I think unrealistic sellers do hurt us (and themselves) by reducing overall liquidity. How many newbie sellers will see these listings and price themselves right out of the market?

And anyway, these days a few hundred bucks is enough to lay the foundations of an Internet empire.

In some respects i think that Dream Asking Prices will not hurt your cause at all, in fact an unrealistic asking price can enhance the appeal of your more realistic priced domains, as it makes them look like bargains ..

Just for the exercise take any 2 letter .com.au compare that to the price of an Australian State number plate ... do you know how much a 2 letter Vic, NSW, Qld, number plate sells for at auction .. $50K would be considered cheap ... We have 6 States and 2 territories all have these same duplicate numbers x 8 .. with the .com.au 2 letter domain name there is only (1) one, thereby making that name extremely rare .... 1352 possible combinations ...

I have a two numeral matching number .com.au of which there are only (if include the zero's-00) 10 possible same NN combinations ... if i had the same in a number plate that would be worth several hundred thousand dollars for good numbers ...

What is going to get the most eye balls .. the State number plate or the Australian web address ... it's not going to be the undeveloped 2 same NN domain name i can tell you that for a fact :) but then again i guess if the 2-NN plate sits unused in a showcase somewhere then the domain name might just just more eyeballs ...

These type of names are vanity/trophy names rare collectables ....

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
In some respects i think that Dream Asking Prices will not hurt your cause at all, in fact an unrealistic asking price can enhance the appeal of your more realistic priced domains, as it makes them look like bargains ..

Just for the exercise take any 2 letter .com.au compare that to the price of an Australian State number plate ... do you know how much a 2 letter Vic, NSW, Qld, number plate sells for at auction .. $50K would be considered cheap ... We have 5 States and 2 territories all have these same duplicate numbers x 7 .. with the .com.au 2 letter domain name there is only (1) one, thereby making that name extremely rare .... 1352 possible combinations ...

I have a two numeral matching number .com.au of which there are only (if include the zero's-00) 10 possible same NN combinations ... if i had the same in a number plate that would be worth several hundred thousand dollars for good numbers ...

What is going to get the most eye balls .. the State number plate or the Australian web address ... it's not going to be the undeveloped 2 same NN domain name i can tell you that for a fact :) but then again i guess if the 2-NN plate sits unused in a showcase somewhere then the domain name might just just more eyeballs ...

These type of names are vanity/trophy names rare collectables ....

:eek::eek::eek:

the last time I checked it was 6 States and 2 Territories...

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
LuckyCountry.com.au was listed on DMP for $10,000,00!!

The person who owned it was 100% convinced that it would sell and that it would change their life. After a few months it went down to 7 mil, 5 mil, 2 mil.. 1 mil....

it's still $750,000

LOL. How about reg fee?

DavidL

Top Contributor
LuckyCountry.com.au was listed on DMP for $10,000,00!!

The person who owned it was 100% convinced that it would sell and that it would change their life. After a few months it went down to 7 mil, 5 mil, 2 mil.. 1 mil....

it's still $750,000

LOL. How about reg fee?

It's funny isn't it - some people just get tunnel vision. However these 'bullish' valuations don't extend to buying though.

Eg someone might swear productonline.com.au is worth $50,000 easy but wouldn't consider buying product.com.au for $1,000.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member