What's new

Tell.com and Auto.es sell for big dollars

soj

Founder
I was just checking the dnjournal sales list for this week (http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm) and tell.com sold at sedo for $400,000 while Auto.es sold for $176,000, not bad for a cctld, i wonder what auto.com.au would sell for.

I also wonder when well be seeing the first .au domain to make its debut on the dnjournal sales lists. Would be good for the promotion of the .au domain industry.

Wade

Very good prices for the sellers, great to see a cctld sell for six figures.

Spain has twice as many people as Australia. I'm doubtful auto.com.au would crack six figures, definitely not yet anyway.

Sway

nice prices there, i would estimate auto.com.au to fetch around the $80k mark.

The one I found most interesting as an Australian at DNJournal was the CommonwealthBank.com sale only going for $4,903 which appears to have been brought from someone in Texas. Anyway I would have the thought the aussie bank would have great value for that since anz.com stgeorge.com etc.. are owned by the banks.

If I had of seen it for that price I would have jumped on that one.

paz

It's unfortunate that domain is not in the banks ownership, it could be a VERY effective tool for phising account information.

paz

Very good prices for the sellers, great to see a cctld sell for six figures.

Spain has twice as many people as Australia. I'm doubtful auto.com.au would crack six figures, definitely not yet anyway.

Wade,

Australia has the 4th largest amount of cars per person in the world though. I don't know the exact figure, but i'm pretty sure we have more than double the cars than spain, with half the amount of people.

Also we are the 2nd top for amount of searches for car: http://www.google.com/trends?q=cars&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

I realise the domain isn't cars.com.au but the market for auto related things is much bigger here.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member