What's new

Tassie Fires

Chumby

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Just keep in your thoughts and prayers those affected by the devastating fires in Tasmania since last Friday.

Many people have lost the lot and people are still stranded on the Tasmanian Peninsula. Terrible scenes down here.

If you wish to help, there is a fantastic facebook group that has started (see below) which really shows what great spirit us Australian's have.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tassie-Fires-We-Can-Help/265695153558391

I do hope there are not repeated scenes on the mainland today with entire communities wiped out...the temp's and winds are just unreal.

Cheers,
Chumby

Chumby

Top Contributor
Hobart.... have a shack down South in Primrose where the fires are... all ok for me, very bad for some others...

Cheers
Chumby

goldnugget

Top Contributor
As a former CFA Firie, I'm always concerned about fire activity in the south east corner of the country (even though I'm now in QLD).

Aus S.E. and only a few other places in the world have the most extreme potential for deadly forest/bush fires (not to say there arent other areas that cant be equally affected, but speaking based on previous events and records).

Thoughts are with everyone affected, its a scarey time.

smee

Top Contributor
Hobart.... have a shack down South in Primrose where the fires are... all ok for me, very bad for some others...

Cheers
Chumby

I'm from Hobart too. I don't have a shack but certainly know a few that do. Many displaced locals at the moment.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
At this point i have not heard of any loss of life, houses can be rebuilt but lives cant so although hard times i guess that is the positive side of it all, wishing them all the best

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
woohoo was trapped in a bushfire for hours last week.

Then few days later temperatures dropped more than 20 degrees and we got snow on the mountains! :eek:

Gotta love Tassie!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members