What's new

Summary Email Suggestion

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Firstly, I love the summary emails.

That said, I thought I'd share a couple of quick ideas on how to improve them.

So this is the summary email I got today:

Dear Chris,

Unfortunately you were outbid on these names. It is important to respond to outbid emails and watch the close of auction, to ensure you do not miss out.

shedhomes.com.au $168

We have found a few domains listed in the aftermarket auction on Netfleet that might be of interest to you with their current offer,

WeBuyHomesWithoutABank.com.au

We have found a few domains listed for sale on Netfleet that might be of interest to you with their current offer (where applicable),

• HomeStore.com.au $2550.00
  • ForeclosedHomes.com.au
  • SydneyHomesEcuRity.com.au

Create a new alert with the following keyword/s : shed homes
Firstly, if the NetFleet system is intelligent enough to work out what keywords are in each domains doesn't it make sense to suggest potential domains listed in the AMA and NF Catalogue of both keywords.

So in the above example it's given me 3 domains with the term "homes" in it. I don't know how these domains are selected, but none of them are really relevant, whereas if you had of sent the first 3 domains from the catalogue with the word "shed" in it, I would have got the following:

• PlumberShed.com.au
  • PlumberShed.com.au
  • BackyardShed.com.au

All of these would have been far more relevant to shedhomes.com.au than what was sent through.

That said, I appreciate that these emails aren't sent with human insight, so I thought what might be a potential solution that still allows automation is just sending an email with 5 domains for every keyword that was in the domain bid on. So rather than getting 3, if I bid on ShedHomes.com.au and lose I should get a list that includes potential domains for both keywords that looks like this:

• HomeStore.com.au $2550.00
  • ForeclosedHomes.com.au
  • SydneyHomesEcuRity.com.au
  • HomeEstate.com.au
  • HomeRemedies.com.au
  • PlumberShed.com.au
  • PlumberShed.com.au
  • BackyardShed.com.au
  • BackyardSheds.com.au
  • Shed4Rent.com.au

This list, whilst bigger, would have been FAR more appreciated than a list of 3 irrelevant domains.

Also if the domain has 3 keywords in it just send 15 domains.

Secondly I noticed the email suggested the following domain was up on the AMA - WeBuyHomesWithoutABank.com.au - but when I went to the AMA I realised that there were a number of domains that were listed with the word "home" in them, but only 1 that had the word "homes".

I'm not sure if the NetFleet technology can differentiate but it might be a good idea to also suggest singular and plurals versions of words when it comes to AMA given the limited selection.

Just some ideas.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I was just reviewing some of my NetFleet suggestions and realised that no one had any comments on this one.

Thoughts?

findtim

Top Contributor
i've found when i get that "outbidded" email the suggestions are often not logical, but its expensive to create a computer to "think" like a human

so it falls into "cost v benefit" for NF

overall their service is very good.

tim

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Guys

As Tim said it is very tricky this one.

Last week we did roll out what we hope is a better version, whereby it only matches whole words, so for example, if you were bidding on:

GetCards.com.au

We would only suggest domain names that contain whole words of either Get or Cards, and we would not suggest domains containing Car, for example.

Hopefully it's a bit more accurate and we cut down on irrelevant matches

Cheers
Mark

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Not that I'm aware of. Do you think there needs to be more?
I would add more if I was you guys. I think the magic number would be around 7 - 10.

That said, I think it's far more important that domains are shown for all the keywords within a domain. So in your example if someone bid on the domain getcards.com.au they should be shown a list of 3 - 5 domains for each term "get" and "cards".

I think this gives you the best chance of offering people a list of relevant domains.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo