What's new

STOP the presses, we need structure on .au

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, this thread is not designed to go on about the debate but to create a structure for debate.
i've been reading and thinking and its just all scattered on different threads.
i feel the .au topic needs its own category, it surely is the most significant thing to potentially happen in the marketplace since the dawn of time and people are throwing up threads in various categories creating cross-overs of topics, there needs to be more organisation IMO of the different facets of the subject.
this is a very serious topic, and we all need to be part of it, clearly different aspects need to be addressed and keeping them separate will allow everyone to keep in tune, also doing it this way may help people establish how they feel about a potential change + also then be prompted to present something to the panel so they can equally be informed of that persons views.
I also think it needs to be a "sticky" category, i personally feel it should be at the top of the tree on DNT as DNT represents itself as an authority in this market place.
----------------------
i think the subject is worthy of its own section, anyone agree? that way it keeps it all neat.

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
An extension that does not exist needs to be top of the tree?
~
Are you losing sleep over .au, if so take one .com.au and some warm milk .....ZZZZ

findtim

Top Contributor
it does exist as a proposal ! its on the table for debate and its not just some .texas .nothing we are talking about.
a panel has been formed to debate it and the decision will affect everyone here.
as for snoopy saying "its a bad idea" i think that is like putting your head in the sand, peter,ned and erhan have all said recently that the panel encourages debate and feedback, auda has a new section for the feedback and they also have a closing date for submissions of midnight Monday 1st June 2015
tim

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
hi, this thread is not designed to go on about the debate but to create a structure for debate.
i've been reading and thinking and its just all scattered on different threads.
i feel the .au topic needs its own category, it surely is the most significant thing to potentially happen in the marketplace since the dawn of time and people are throwing up threads in various categories creating cross-overs of topics, there needs to be more organisation IMO of the different facets of the subject.
this is a very serious topic, and we all need to be part of it, clearly different aspects need to be addressed and keeping them separate will allow everyone to keep in tune, also doing it this way may help people establish how they feel about a potential change + also then be prompted to present something to the panel so they can equally be informed of that persons views.
I also think it needs to be a "sticky" category, i personally feel it should be at the top of the tree on DNT as DNT represents itself as an authority in this market place.
----------------------
i think the subject is worthy of its own section, anyone agree? that way it keeps it all neat.

tim

I like that you are providing TL;DR options in your posts now

snoopy

Top Contributor
it does exist as a proposal ! its on the table for debate and its not just some .texas .nothing we are talking about.
a panel has been formed to debate it and the decision will affect everyone here.
as for snoopy saying "its a bad idea" i think that is like putting your head in the sand, peter,ned and erhan have all said recently that the panel encourages debate and feedback, auda has a new section for the feedback and they also have a closing date for submissions of midnight Monday 1st June 2015
tim

There is plenty of threads on it. I think the problem is simply that it keep getting brought up. If something gets decided against it shouldn't get trotted back out every couple of years, because once brought in it cannot be undone. Imagine if government decided to discuss dismantling the Victorian tram network every two years or a referendum on the monarchy annually. If enough studies get done and enough debates happen, then eventually one year just by the laws of chance, there will be a different decision.

I think giving it its own section becomes quasi support, giving it its own forums is saying, "hey lets keep on talking about this issue, lets debate it again and again even if it gets decided against".

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo