What's new

stealing domains

findtim

Top Contributor
I'd never do this, this is just a warning on the potential.

there is a domain name i'd like, researched it, no website, email bounces, telephone goes to a chemist shop !!!! hmmm no way to contact owner.

domain ranks number 1 for the keyword search without the website resolving ??? the connection to the server isn't functioning.

the contact email is of a different domain which is parked for sale for a buy now of less then I would pay for the one I want.

thus if I buy the parked domain, then create the email address on my servers I can get the password to the other domain and bang........... its mine.

scary how simple it could be.

but I will not be doing it.

tim

Mick

Top Contributor
You'd have to assume the domain won't be renewed in that case, if they don't even have a valid email address for the renewal notices.

findtim

Top Contributor
You'd have to assume the domain won't be renewed in that case, if they don't even have a valid email address for the renewal notices.

yes I thought of that, but I figured if content isn't on that site quickly it would lose its number 1 status and than no be so attractive.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
How can it be yours legally if your stealing it?

that's my point, be careful of your domain renewal email addresses.

I can grab it, do a COR, and its mine, I could then seel it to a gmail address who sells it to another gmail address and it would be a nightmare to trace.

the point of the thread is the potential issue, that's all.

ohhh, its a .com not a .au by the way, but that is just coincidence.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
i emailed the firm selling the domain, INSTANT reply.

wanted me to pay via direct transfer and i said no, then NO reply !

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members