SSL Certificates

snoopy

Top Contributor
Hi all,

I'm wondering which company people would recommend for SSL certificates,

Cheers.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Not sure if you mean where to buy or the SSL suppliers themselves?

VeriSign with EV is the most trusted IMO. GeoTrust is also good (again with EV if you can afford it).

Budget wise RapidSSL (GeoTrust) or Thawte.

Last edited:

Lemon

Top Contributor
Godaddy are one of the cheapest suppliers of SSL.
I tend to use GeoTrust but I would shop around to find the cheapest supplier.

Lemon

snoopy

Top Contributor
Not sure if you mean where to buy or the SSL suppliers themselves?

Both really. Am wondering a bit how much the average internet user is concerned with the issuer name. Godaddy may sounds a bit "cheap" and Verisign is too pricey so geotrust might be the option I go with.

Lemon

Top Contributor
Godaddy may sounds a bit "cheap" and Verisign is too pricey so geotrust might be the option I go with.

Godaddy are cheap because they sell lots of them. They are just as valid and secure as others and work on all browsers. I like the godday option of being able to run multiple domains from one SSL. So you can run both domain.com.au and domain.net.au under one SSL.

At the end of the day most users wouldn't know the difference between SSL keys and are only concerned that the site is secure. 256 bit encryption is the same either way.

Cheap Geotrust and in USD http://www.opensrs.com/services/ssl/geotrust

Lemon

snoopy

Top Contributor
Godaddy are cheap because they sell lots of them. They are just as valid and secure as others and work on all browsers. I like the godday option of being able to run multiple domains from one SSL. So you can run both domain.com.au and domain.net.au under one SSL.

At the end of the day most users wouldn't know the difference between SSL keys and are only concerned that the site is secure. 256 bit encryption is the same either way.

Cheap Geotrust and in USD http://www.opensrs.com/services/ssl/geotrust

Lemon

I mean the name "godaddy" rather than the price, I think it might put some (small %) customers off if they saw the name of the issuer.

Lemon

Top Contributor
I mean the name "godaddy" rather than the price, I think it might put some (small %) customers off if they saw the name of the issuer.

I agree. However when you get an SSL from godaddy you have the option of it being issued by Godaddy or Starfield Technologies, Inc.

Lemon

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member