What's new

SpringRacing.com.au at Domain8

soj

Founder
Just checked the Domain8 auctions and there seems to be some intense bidding for SpringRacing.com.au with the current bid at $3211

It must be the buzz of the carnival kicking off recently and I could see some money to be made from the site, possibly with a betting affiliate (BetFair).

Otherwise it could just be the Spring Racing Carnival organisers buying it as their current domain is SpringRacingCarnival.com.au

A couple of other domains going for some decent money are RetirementVillage.com.au at $1009 and SuperNatural.com.au going for $459.

Note: These domains haven't been caught yet, and the bids haven't finished, so they could rise even more.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Crazy prices IMO. Could be an end-user (carnival organisers) but still takes 2 to make an auction!

Anyway good to see!

soj

Founder
Ouch, that one cost them $3000, though i wonder how many other domains they would have lost if they had put all their resources to picking up just that one domain.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Ouch indeed. Looks like domain watch put all their resources into grabbing that one as they didn't seem to get any others

dotworx

springracing.com.au doesn't even have a bid on DW. what's the story? have i missed something here?

Last edited:

Jonathan

Top Contributor
What's the URL for Domain Watch?

And am I the only one who would've paid at most $200 for SpringRacing.com.au?

DavidL

Top Contributor
What's the URL for Domain Watch?

And am I the only one who would've paid at most $200 for SpringRacing.com.au?

URL is www.domainwatch.com.au

As for SpringRacing.com.au - I think it's a VIC thing. Maybe better known as Spring Carnival in NSW??

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Thanks David...

I'm getting a weird error though:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/sites/domainwatch.com.au/web/opendb.php on line 3
Error connecting to mysql

Anyone else have this prob?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members