What's new

Specials.com.au

WG2010

Archived Member
I noticed that the domain name Specials.com.au is on today's drop list as PD.

I'm assuming the previous owner didn't choose to delete this domain so I'm wondering why such a domain would be deleted? Does auDA have a list of complaints/resolutions online similar to the UDRP?

Nova

Top Contributor
I'm assuming the previous owner didn't choose to delete this domain

As far as I know, the domain status does indicate why a domain is being deleted. Do a whois on the domain and it shows the deletion is 'client requested'.

WG2010

Archived Member
As far as I know, the domain status does indicate why a domain is being deleted. Do a whois on the domain and it shows the deletion is 'client requested'.

From my understanding that simply means the registrar and not the person who owns the domain name. Is this incorrect?

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Upon further investigation it would seem that this domain has been policy deleted because the current owner no longer meets eligibility.

As you can see from the ASIC extract below, the Registered Business name used for the original registration has expired and/or been removed from the ASIC database.

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 08:31:14 on 17/09/2010
Name SPECIALS
Registered state/no.
NSW BN83489397
Type Business Names
Registration Date Unknown
Next Review Date Unknown
Status Business Names - Removed
Principal Place of Business not available
Jurisdiction Office of Fair Trading, New South Wales

Cheers

Andrew

James

Top Contributor
I was doing some research on this domain, it seems they had a landing page since like 1996 with the same thing saying "this site is under construction"

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I hope Auda gave them the chance to update registrant details before they policy deleted it.ALL old names used to need a business name , acn or trademark ..etc but you did not need to keep the business names etc to be eligible.

I suspect if they knew they could have updated their registrant details they might have wanted to keep it but who knows.

Just hoping AUDA followed the correct policy procedures also and gave them the chance to update eligability / registrant details and keep it.

Many newbies might not know the history of policy. before it was crazy expensive and you also could only register 1 domain name which must have been a direct copy or abbreviation of your acn, abn or trademark. Goes to show how silly some AUDA Policyrules where and still are...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo