1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes I wonder!

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by soj, Apr 15, 2012.

1. soj

soj Founder

I've been seeing quite a few ads on SkyNews for special deals on golf rounds in Australia.

The promoting company has a nice website - and the domain they are using is greatrounds.com

I had a look at greatrounds.com.au, and the url doesn't resolve. So I think to myself that they mustn't own the name.

But when I checked, they do own the name. Just haven't even bothered to do a forward or redirect.

So as I said, sometimes I wonder. If you're spending squillions on advertising your product / brand, why wouldn't you do something as simple as that?

2. asantha

asantha Membership: Community

firstly i thought they do not want ppl to remember their .com.au domain,, or they do not want to market .com.au domain,,as they sell world wide

then i visited the site, they do sales only in Australia,, why the hell they do not want to use their .com.au domain then,

3. ScottNugent

ScottNugent Membership: VIP

Ridiculous...