What's new

Some opinions and appraisals please - do I sell these as working sites or simply the domains?

shags38

Top Contributor
Hi,

I thought this might be the forum to get some opinions on some websites I am considering selling (with stock) however I'm also interested in what you guys would see as the domain values separate to the website businesses.

You will no doubt do your own research however here are some basics;

harmonyball.net.au .... ranks #1 for all major keywords (harmony ball, harmony ball necklace, harmony necklace ...plus these with Australia at the end) - ranks very well also in Google USA
dazzlerscliponearrings.com.au ... ranks #2 or 3 for search 'clip on earrings' (varies at Googles behest), ranks generally #1 sometimes 2 for nearly all other keyword searches (there are a bunch of them)
treeoflifejewellery.com.au .... ranks generally page 1, sometimes two for the 3 main keywords (tree of life jewellery, tree of life jewelry, tree of life necklace, tree of life pendant ... again with Australia at the end)
treeoflifejewellery.com ..... domain target is USA (hosted in USA) - data from Google USA, ranks #4 for tree of life jewelry behind Etsy and Amazon, #2 for tree of life jewellery behind Etsy, page 4 for tree of life necklace and also for tree of life pendant. Rankings for the last two have dropped from page 1 or 2 due to lack of work on the site during the past 6 months due to international postage issues from Australia to the U.S. due to lack of flights - so haven't been accepting orders for the past 6 months.
dazzlersharmonynecklace.com - domain target is USA (hosted in Au) - data from Google USA for 2 main keywords, ranks #5 for harmony necklace behind an edm shopify site, Etsy, Amazon and then Harmony Ball.net.au (above), #5 for harmony ball necklace behind Amazon, Etsy and 2 entries for Harmony Ball.net.au. this site also has had a lack of work on the site during the past 6 months due to international postage issues from Australia to the U.S. due to lack of flights - so haven't been accepting orders for the past 6 months.

The first two sites have the best potential as ongoing businesses and as domains I would think given their reputation , HarmonyBall.net.au has been top of the tree for years - dazzlerscliponearrings.com.au is only a couple of years old and performing well. Both are niche markets. The tree of life sites have always been treated as second cousins so with the right focus they have very good potential, again a niche market (by comparison to 'jewellery').

Most of these sites have a good linking profile.

Any way, enough of that, you guys are the Pro's and you will make your own assessments. To satisfy any curiosity as to why - simply put it is more difficult to manage all the various facets of all these sites for someone who is closer to 70 than to 60 :)

cheers,
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Cal

Top Contributor
Hi Mike, thanks for posting your sites.

What have the sales/profits been like on the sites recently?
Do you have active customer base?

I work with a few sites in this niche and user experience, design and photography is critical, so they could do with a refresh and modern template if they are viable sites.

You could also list them on somewhere like Flippa to gauge interest.

Callum

If you can PM me some information around the current traffic/revenue, i'm potentially interested in purchasing these sites.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member