What's new

Some advice please

TassieSEO

Hi guys,
I have a few days off work - and I wanted to set myself a goal of setting up a site from scratch.

I own scaryzombie.com and thought I'd try to develop a site that was all things zombies. From a monetization perspective, I thought I'd have a page for zombie books, page for zombie movies, games etc. I'd try to link those items to Amazon. Does anyone have any advice in regards to a good WP plug in that makes it easy to link those items to Amazon via an affiliate link? Any other advice please? I wish I could find a tutorial or something - that would be really useful.

Thanks,
Todd

TassieSEO

I won't argue with you Snoopy - you've been in the business a lot longer than me.. :) But I'm starting out, and need to begin somewhere.. any thoughts on process/tools?

elbranch

Top Contributor
Great name for that niche I see you own the plural as well (I assume you own the singular) ... good catch !

James

Top Contributor
Zombies would be a hard market to make money from and Amazon does not do that great. I run some traffic with their offers and it does not do amazing. Personally how much do you like Zombies, make a website about something you love and also something which has plenty of offers to run.

findtim

Top Contributor

I agree, youtube is a "one stop shop" for answers and tutorials, all I can say is NOTE the date the video was uploaded as you will get old advice and waste time, but most advice at least leads you to new advice.

I find JUST getting an IN into the section you want and looking at the other potential videos brings you to the one that really works for you.

as with google trying different search terms is the best as you never know what you might come up with............ just don't get lost and end up at Brittany spears !

tim

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Todd, it's not a domain I would develop, but I think it's definitely worth setting up a site from scratch (assuming you've not done it before) - as the learning experience alone is worth it.

I tried all sorts of stuff before I found areas that worked for me (I.e. actually made money). My view is that if you don't try you can't succeed and learning what doesn't work is often half the battle.

You have to start somewhere and if you're focussed on developing rather than flipping, then learning how to setup and monetise a site is the basic foundation for building online revenue streams (that is after choosing the right domain).

You can also learn a lot from the experience of others (it's a lot cheaper learning from other people's mistakes).

Best of luck with it!

m8e

Top Contributor
The Walking Dead is a pretty cool TV show.

And there's some new comedy undead-themed show coming out soon IIRC.

Plus... HALLOWEEN, getting bigger each year, could be your peak season for selling stuff, zombie SPFX makeup kits etc

nt81

Top Contributor
Halloween Bigger?

Halloween parties maybe, but the actual "american" type thing, no.

In my 32 years that even had one knock at the door (2007). And I just looked at them and said, go to America if you want this. They got the message.

TassieSEO

Thanks for the advice and support everyone. It's certainly a fun theme to make a start.. who doesn't like the reanimated undead gnawing on their brain? I promise my children won't starve if I don't make my $100 back :)
I'll throw myself into the dev and provide some updates in case anyone is interested :)

snoopy

Top Contributor
Halloween Bigger?

Halloween parties maybe, but the actual "american" type thing, no.

In my 32 years that even had one knock at the door (2007). And I just looked at them and said, go to America if you want this. They got the message.

I seem to get about 1 knock each year.

m8e

Top Contributor
That's knock-UP :D

Guess anectodally can conclude that Halloween is very localised in Oz then.

We get about a dozen groups of 3 to 6 kids

Numbers have doubled from a few years back.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
halloween seems to be popular with the clubs and pubs, another excuse for a wacky party but for the kids i think it's quite scattered
~
Anyway back on topic i might have brains for dinners ,,, sheep brains LOL

findtim

Top Contributor
halloween seems to be popular with the clubs and pubs, another excuse for a wacky party but for the kids i think it's quite scattered
~
Anyway back on topic i might have brains for dinners ,,, sheep brains LOL

now off topic true story:

------------

i once went to a friends mums place for dinner, she served brains and i they told me, there were 3 on my plate, i ate 2 and cut into the 3rd ready to eat.

i then asked " do you stuff them with cheese" ? as a gooo dribbled from it

she replied " no"

i didn't eat another bite :eek:

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics