What's new

Social Networking and Forums take over Search Engines in New Zealand

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
In New Zealand Social Networking and Forums has surpassed Search Engines in the week ending 5 December 2009......

.....In Australia the Social Networking and Forums industry now sits just 0.1% behind Search Engines share of all visits.

via Hitwise

Anyone getting good traffic from social networks?

Shaun

Top Contributor
I recently ran a trial on Facebook for a product I'm about to release on Tuesday and got OUTSTANDING results...

Facebook only works for certain products/offers/sites in my experience.

If you want to know more about how Twitter can help your business watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIFYPQjYhv8

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Nice vid. One of my sites youtube channels has reached 100k views this year - pretty happy with that exposure.

The twitter and FB is coming along but no where near a fast as youtube..

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i just have basic account at facebook and dont understand what all the fuss is about , can you show me a link to what is so great ? ... your promo ?

do you know if there is a limit to the amount of videos you can have at youtube ?

Last edited:

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi Spacey,

There are no limits to the number of Vids you have on YT.

As for FaceBook, unless you are aged between 15-18 you will not see my ads. If you go right down the bottom of any FB page you will see a link called "Advertising", jump in there and have a play.

Any troubles, let me know.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Hi Spacey,

There are no limits to the number of Vids you have on YT.

As for FaceBook, unless you are aged between 15-18 you will not see my ads. If you go right down the bottom of any FB page you will see a link called "Advertising", jump in there and have a play.

Any troubles, let me know.

bummer i am only ten and half :eek:

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd provide some more feedback on my Facebook advertising.

I launched another test campaign on Facebook tonight and for $10 spend I received over 300 clicks and 100 registrations.

I think test campaigns work tremendously well especially when launching a product/website/service as it is NEW advertising on Facebook. As my ad becomes older, I will have to pay a higher amount.

But this is just a note to hopefully encourage a few more of you to look at social media advertising if you are not already enjoying the benefits.

I'll add another post in the coming few weeks once my campaign has been running longer to show the difference.

Shaun

Top Contributor
Why is that?

Hi Rhythm,

This is because my ad ages and more people have seen it, it wont be as new, therefore will become somewhat mature.

People tend to click on new and exciting campaigns whilst they are new, as it becomes older, I will need to continuously recreate new ads to keep getting renewed interest.

Does that make sense?

Shaun

Top Contributor
may we know what is your product/service since I`m not longer a teenager ,thanks

Hi,

The website is www.learnerstest.com.au

To use our web app you must enter registration details.

Feel free to link to this resource website! Helping to educate young drivers :)

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Hi,

The website is www.learnerstest.com.au

To use our web app you must enter registration details.

Feel free to link to this resource website! Helping to educate young drivers :)

Very cool site.

How much did it cost to make it? No, don`t worry I`m not going to copy it, but just wondering how much would be to make one in another niche.

Cheers

Shaun

Top Contributor
There is 4 components to this site so it's been a bit of a nightmare to produce/project manage.

Website, Flash Game, Database and iPhone App.

I'll let you guess how much it cost. If you guess right, I'll admit.

Shaun

Top Contributor
Thanks Ned.

I am going through the QA process now on the App so should be completed within 24 hours, then we will send it off to Apple who are currently taking 2 weeks with their review process.

Due to the large amount of money we have had to spend developing this project, we are now going to be charging $2.99 for the app.

Hope you'll fork it out for him!

We are also able to offer ridiculously low, if not free Roadside Assist through this project so that $2.99 will come back to you several times!!!

Shaun

Top Contributor
Ok, so it's now 7 days since I have been running ads.

As my ad remains unchanged since Day 1, my Click Through Rate (CTR) is now half of what it was, this means I am now paying twice as much to get the same as a Day 1 result.

So, clearly it is important to continuously change your ads to keep them fresh.

Timmy

Banned
Shaun,

I have a fair idea of the price... I tossed up several options when developing my discount voucher site www.EveryOunceCounts.com.au -

We decided to go with a web app, mainly because I could cover multiple handsets for the price of the standalone iPhone app. Also not being all that familiar with the iphone sdk myself, the web app allows me to update the single website for future versions.

I have to say, the 'learners app' was something we tossed around at a bbq a while back, great idea! - I wish you lots of luck and success.

After spending a few grand on some Facebook tests, I would agree its better to do a lot of small campaigns with different ads. Competitions also improve click-through rates and can be quite effective.

:)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members