1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Social Buttons Within Email

Discussion in 'Social Media & Networking' started by Chris.C, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to embed a facebook like button that likes the index page of a site within an email?

I was just thinking of sending a thank you emails to a client's customers and was wondering if social media buttons like the facebook like and google plus buttons could be added.

Are there any upside or downsides of doing this?

2. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

Anyone?

3. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I send out a daily email to subscribers that has a like button in there. But all it really does it link to the facebook page. Most subscribers like us.

I'd say do it. Any time you can get some traffic flowing around has got to me good.

Not sure you can have an actual like button though. Can do a share button easy enough.

4. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You can't have the actual share or like widgets, but if you want to share a URL you can use the following links and attach them to images:

1 person likes this.