What's new

Soak Soak - RevSlider

findtim

Top Contributor
YESSSSSS it's bought down a few of my sites in the last few days, ash I'm heading into the auda cxmas party right now so will discuss this tomorrow , just backup any sites you gave with installed as the hack reoccurred , I'm still trying to work out the fix , I'm on train with one finger so sorry got the post gramma
Backup backup backup

helloworld

Top Contributor
On closer inspection this is appears to be a similar hack to the one from a few months ago. I've already updated my sites.

Ash

Top Contributor
Hey Tim, it hasn't affected my sites (luckily). I just read about it and thought I'd let people know. Hopefully not too much of a pain in the ass for you and everyone else.

I think you're right helloworld. In the comments section on WPTavern a representative from Envato (themeforest) says that they emailed everybody who bought a theme with revslider to warn them about it.

findtim

Top Contributor
i purchased revslider separately and have used it with studiopress.

i have 3 woocommerce themes via themeforest which haven't been affected, and i have a static themeforest wordpress theme which is in production so i can't comment on that but its got revslider installed

i did some quick research this morning as i noted yesterday and as i 99% use studiopress themes i found that it was genesis that was actually attacked, once i reinstalled genesis the sites bounch back.

i'll continue to monitor it though.

i use backupbuddy, + pure downloads via ftp, i don't trust the servers weekly backups anymore as they backup the site WHEN it has the problem !!!

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
update

have a look in this folder and see if anything is in it, i found a dodgy file

wp-content/plugins/revslider/temp/update_extract/revslider/

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
update: these appeared again on a different site even though it was up to date:
/wp-content/plugins/revslider/temp/update_extract/revslider/error.php
/wp-content/plugins/revslider/temp/update_extract/revslider/log.php