1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

So I Said ...

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by DnEbook, Jul 7, 2014.

1. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

2. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

I imagine they'll get a fair bit of transferring out.

3. DnEbook

Starting tomorrow

4. zhenjie

zhenjie Membership: VIP

Stupid. I use Netfleet only out of necessity.

5. James

James Membership: VIP

Yes this does make me want to move the 5-10 domains I have with them to other providers, what warrants the 2 x increase in price in the same category.

6. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Revenue generation.

7. DnEbook

I go through the process of transferring out my names only to get a 'technical difficulties' notice as i try to submit them (to drop) ….annoying

8. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Moved mine last time this happened as I didn't trust them on their word to keep the lower prices for existing customers.

Well whadda ya know.

9. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

Prices will always change unfortunately when the registry changes their prices, so it is difficult for anyone to say their pricing will remain the same.

10. FirstPageResults

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Price rises inline with the registry are fine with me

11. DnEbook

This is a massive increase and an insult to their customers, i think it is better to just sell via your own landing pages and use a another registrar (one that respects their customers)

12. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    try a different browser

tim

13. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Shame they have gone this route - who is now the cheapest option for COR?

14. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
  15. DnEbook

In the end Katherine was quick to respond to my support ticket and she has taken care of it all …. Hoo Roo Netfleet, i really thought you had built some goodwill with old model but it just seems too far apart now

16. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    As most long standing members know, I've never been afraid to have a smack at Netfleet when I believe it is deserved.

In recent times, it seems that they avoid DNTrade like the plague - they don't answer posts; nor do they announce changes to their platform in their sponsored thread (like they used to). They obviously think this strategy works for them.

But in this instance, I don't think they've done anything wrong.

These are my observations:

1. They've readjusted their pricing structure (for their registrar operations) to reward volume customers. Many businesses do this.

2. They've given plenty of notice this time - changes come into effect 1st August. If people don't like it, they have plenty of time to shift without penalty.

3. Nothing has changed with regards their "drop platform" - prices will remain exactly the same. Buyers can still win a domain for the same base cost, and then transfer said domain to registrar of their choice for free.

4. No changes either with regards their Domain Catalogue; your domains can be at another Registrar and you can still list for free at NF (plus list on other platforms; or have your own sales page). Same base cost applies for any sales / purchases.

17. asantha

asantha Membership: Community

Agree with Neddy.
    And when Ausregistry increased their prices there is no other choice too

18. zhenjie

zhenjie Membership: VIP

It's certainly within NF right to implement this new pricing structure. But is it good?

What concerns me more is with this new change and some other unpopular ones before it, NF is on slippery trajectory and its outcome won't be warmly welcomed by domainers.

19. DnEbook

I can't remember but was there a price difference for names listed there already, when using the sales platform? I think from memory i had to transfer there to make it a better price structure for me ( this is from memory ) The point being over the last six months i have moved names there as i thought their system was ok for me. But now the price increase is not within what i call reasonable, sure they have the right, the same way i have the right to transfer out and if it costs me less who could blame me. And the other folk who think this is just a money grab. As far as i am concerned this company has shown their true colours once more. Got the feeling i am not the only one who feels this way.

20. FirstPageResults

auDA Member:
    Yes
    There's little doubt they have done anything "wrong", as they are well within their rights to adjust pricing. And it was good of them to notify customers via email.

But it is an unpopular decision none the less. Especially if you consider the "feedback" VentraIP received when they raised their price by a few dollars.

Regardless they still have the best COR platform and drop catching capabilities, so I'll still continue to use them for those things.