What's new

Site Loading Speed HELP !!!

shags38

Top Contributor
Hi guys,

I am having loading speed issues with 2 sites of mine. I have done tests on webpagetest.org with very concerning results.

Both sites are on the same server at GoneDaddy in the U.S., both have "first byte"times in excess of 5 seconds and Document and Total Upload times in excess of 11 seconds (as high as 17 seconds). So maybe it isn't either of the P's afterall that is affecting my SERPs.

Aside from the obvious failure of First Byte the major failure from the test is "Leverage browser caching of static assets: 18/100". (There are also some less than impressive scores for Combine static CSS and JS files: and Use a CDN for all static assets: ) but it is Caching of Static Assets that apparently is the killer.

The two sites in question are ZenCart eCommerce sites and I am posing the question(s) on that forum also.

Q What is Caching of Static Assets and where/how can it be controlled such that it doesn't adversely affect site loading speed. How can I rectify this situation?

Sites are jewelleryonlinestore.com.au and harmonyballpendants.com

Looking forward to some assistance.

cheers,
Shags

p.s. other sites on the same hosting account/server that are not Zencart/eCommerce do not have the First Byte issue and have good site loading speeds albeit all have the same FAIL mark for Caching of Static Assests. Hence the First Byte issue likely rests with a ZenCart code error.

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
jewellery loaded on my adsl2 in 7 seconds, it felt to long for me

harmony took 8 seconds

i don't know zen cart but i thought you'd like a different timing

IE9 windows 7 , 6gb , intel i5 2.67gb

tim

shags38

Top Contributor
jewellery loaded on my adsl2 in 7 seconds, it felt to long for me

harmony took 8 seconds

i don't know zen cart but i thought you'd like a different timing

IE9 windows 7 , 6gb , intel i5 2.67gb

tim

Thanks Tim - much appreciated. YEPPERS - FAR TOO SLOW !! I have to find a way to sort it out

fcdoms

Do you use the slideshow script on the other sites that load faster? That's the first thing I'd check out Shags. It probably doesn't get cached properly because the script 'hard-pre-loads' all the images in the slides. I'd try to see IF it works in the footer - if so, the rest of the page may load without having to wait for the script to finish.

Cheers, Hope that helps.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member