What's new

Silly people complaining about domain names

snoopy

Top Contributor
Next they'll be comparing us to taxi drivers and lawyers!

Public opinion is what it is, interesting thread.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Good reply James. I am always amazed at how a lot of these folks just jump up and start complaining without doing any research for themselves.

findtim

Top Contributor
nice one james, i see there were also other supports of domaining in the thread which i was surprised to see so it wasn't a totally negative thread.

but having said that the uninformed were certainly uninformed

tim

love your response James, it is amazing that you become a bad person for asking for money to sell your asset. These people are so unreasonable, I bet if you offered to buy their house and they rejected it, and then you complained they would be the first to say "I am free to sell my house at any price I choose" - hypocrisy....

Erwin

Top Contributor
Some people think they have a right to own their own domain name, especially if they've registered it as a business name, and see it not being used..
But most seem to understand that they need to purchase the name if they want it.
For me, a great domain name is key to running any online business..

snoopy

Top Contributor
These people are so unreasonable, I bet if you offered to buy their house and they rejected it, and then you complained they would be the first to say "I am free to sell my house at any price I choose" - hypocrisy....

How about if house and land packages cost $10 and half of them were sitting with nobody living in them? I bet if that is how property worked people would be annoyed if they inquired and were told a particular house was $8000 for no apparent reason.

Most people do see domains as a $10 item, not an $8000 item.

It comes down to the domain business having a poor reputation in my view. People don't like speculators in most markets. Ask the average person how they feel about foreign exchange traders or people land banking and you'll probably get a similar response.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member