What's new

setting a minimum bid feature

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Hi, how can we set Mimimum amount bids for names listed for sale on netfleet.com.au

would be good to have an option of mimimum bid amount and just tick a box and it was effective for all names listed for sale in a portfolio.

Many times wasters bid low amounts not even warranting a counter bid. If the minimum bid could be set it would save us all a lot of time

the old feature of being able to tick a box saying Final offer also was good for both buyer and seller when bidding and counterbidding and ability to write a note was great. can this be brought back also?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Hi how can we set Minimum bids? Sent a ticket last week on it also. I see some Mimimum bids now on netfleet being set so it must be possible again?

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Never sure if the proper etiquette for replying to a ticket and a dntrade post is to reply to the post first or the ticket. In this case I think this is of interest to everyone so I'll reply to the post.

When I started in this role, two years ago, I was advised that increased minimum offer in the past had led to a decrease in offers and sales. This feature was then removed and the sales returned to their previous success rate.

Now I have a good opportunity to test this again and I have (with agreement from the seller) lowered the minimum offer for those domains back to $100 and we can measure the increase in offers and sales over the next 3 months. At which time we can again discuss the merits of increased minimum offers and how they affect sales.

The general feedback I have so far is that any offer is better than nothing as it gets the ball rolling...

I have a hypothesis on how to respond to anonymous offers like the ones at Netfleet or via masked hotmail/gmail accounts.

Lets assume for the sake of this argument that you set your "buy now" (BIN) price and are confident in it.

If you get a low ball offer (less than 25% of your BIN) counter-offer very quickly with your full buy now price (shows you are irritated).

If you get a warm offer (25-50% of your BIN) counter-offer quickly with 85% of BIN (shows you are willing to negotiate).

If you get a hot offer (> 60% of BIN) then wait a few days before counter offering about 75% (seems like you are seriously considering the offer before responding).

If you get an offer of >80% of BIN, then you should consider accepting the offer since they are probably not wanting to negotiate and they really think your BIN is just too high.

* Bear in mind that I have never sold a domain but I do get paid to spend my time thinking about selling domains.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
sorry but I dont understand.

can we set a minimum bid offer or not on names we want to list for sale on stanbdard catalogue and auction?

It is a feature I would like to see active again

It saves everyone a lot of time and lets buyers know offering $100 to "get the ball rolling" in many cases is a waste of everyones time.

Would be good if the seller can choose a minimum opening bid of what we consider is worth responding to with a counter offer.

Many names might be worth $2,3,5 k on netfleets aftermarket. if people send an offer for $100 to get the ball rolling its just pointless .

if you go to a house auction they done start the auction at make an offer or $1, the auctioneer starts the opening offer high so people know not to waste time and be serious ( note opening offer is not reserve)

Oz.

Top Contributor
+1
Also I think being able to submit a starting, vendor bid would be good for reserve auctions.
Sending leads to an auction with 0 bids is never a nice thing, always nice to see some prior activity to get their interest up.
IMHO.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Also I think being able to submit a starting, vendor bid would be good for reserve auctions. Sending leads to an auction with 0 bids is never a nice thing, always nice to see some prior activity to get their interest up.IMHO.
+1 to this as well.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members