What's new

SEO/Pagerank Q?

Denis

Hey Guys!

Hope you all had a merry Christmas and a happy 2010!

I have a SEO / Page rank question and hoping to hear all your thoughts.

Q: Which would rank better? Or will they roughly have a similar ranking rating? (Providing they all have the same content, same back-links and etc)

Chickenfarm.com.au
Chickensfarm.com.au
Chickenfarms.com.au

Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:

Shaun

Top Contributor
IMO it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

If you own all three then I would be using ChickenFarms.com.au as it encompasses a wider array of traffic.

Denis

Thanks for the comment Shaun!

What im trying to find out is if someone is googling "Chicken Farm" are those 3 domains likely to be the top 3 search results? or even on the top 10....

Or too many other variables to answer the question?

Thanks mate!

Shaun

Top Contributor
Hi Denis,

There are far too many variables IMO, any website can be number 1, having the exact match to a search is obviously a HUGE help.

If someone searched "Chicken Farm" then ChickenFarm.com.au would have an advantage over the other two as it is the EXACT match, conversely if someone searched "Chicken Farms" then ChickenFarms.com.au would have the best chance etc.

marketingweb

Top Contributor
In terms of SEO there is no guarantees that a domain name that is an exact match of the search term will appear anywhere at all.

However that said in my experience if you built a structurally sound website with basically any content at all and did a small amount of basic SEO stuff that could all be achieved in less than a day's work, you would probably get you into the top 20 (if not the top 10) in all but the most competitive industries. However getting to the top 5/ top 1 will require a LOT more work than a good domain name and there are two many variables as Shaun said - think of a good domain as a great foundation to build from, rather than the whole solution. Note this applies to AUSTRALIA, factor in the amount of SEO to even rank by x10 if you are talking a .com and international rankings.

Regarding the specific question, plurals are usually better in my opinion for the simple fact that the singular forms part of the plural word, but not vice versa (ie chicken and farm are both in chickenfarms.com.au but the word farms is not in chickenfarm.com.au)

By basic SEO I mean including the words also in the title tags and meta description tags, and getting a small number of incoming links (say around 20), so that google knows you exist!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member