What's new

SEO Challenge

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Notice the SERP rankings have gone down in recent days.

Recent Google algo changes has really caused a lot of movement lately. Lets hope it climbs back up. Add a bit more content and social signals to get the ball rolling imo.

Wow; that's quite a decline in SERPs. I noticed that the website is currently down at the moment too.

James

Top Contributor
Yes very annoying isn't it, all it needed if the server was down was to put the right server response to be added.

If you see 2 weeks downtime some SEO damage can be done, yet every thing can be fixed with the right methods it just puts a roadblock on the project.

Did you try James's corporate email, if you need it pm me he may be on email?

~james~

I've setup a hosting for superannuationguide and migrated the files and mySQL database across however I get the following error on the site:

Error establishing a database connection

I doubled checked that the wp-config.php file had the correct settings for the following (actual details removed) i.e. that it matched the hosting control panel details for:

/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define('DB_NAME', '***');

/** MySQL database username */
define('DB_USER', '***');

/** MySQL database password */
define('DB_PASSWORD', '***');

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

Any suggestions on what else I can try to get the site up and running??

Thanks,
James.

~james~

Thank you for that although I think it will be hard for me to access wordpress from the original hosted site as I've changed name servers and access might have changed etc however thanks for the tip as I had been looking for a good wordpress back up plugin for existing sites.

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Hi James,

It could be that the web hosting provider has a separate dedicated server for MySQL - best to speak with them to find out if they do or do not, as this is the only thing that sticks out in my head if all the credentials are correct.

Cheers

findtim

Top Contributor
looks to me to be a "path" issue in the database files.

i use backup buddy and i can migrate a site in @ 10-20 minutes, from delegation to site ready. i actually did it today !

i do this all the time so if you want to PM me and give me some access i could have a look for you.

i'd need to know exactly what you have done so far so i can maybe see where you went wrong.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
i HIGHLY recommend backup buddy and am currently developing a new plugin for it so it also updates your plugins, thus:

backup, auto update plugins, backup on a monthly basis ( my server backs up weekly as well )

i know it may sound obvious but wait until you are managing 100+ sites and the plugins update may crash the site.

tim

~james~

Thanks everyone for your help. It's back up and running now. Not sure how, but glad to be back online. Tim thinks it might have been working but I didn't clear the cache on the browser after I put the right settings in so it wasn't showing. Rookie mistake!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo