What's new

Send An Annual Email To Buyers About Past Offers

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So I recently posted a thread requesting that domain sellers be able to re-contact domain buyers that have previously made offers on their domains via NetFleet.

However this got me thinking about what could be done to get individuals that have made offers to buy domains in the past back making a new offer.

Which made me think what if NetFleet sent an automated email to buyers who had previously placed an offer on a domain reminding them of their previous interest in a domain once every 12 months.

So let's say a seller lists a SomeDomain.com.au on NetFleet for $2000. And a buyer comes along and bids $600 for that domain and the sellers says he isn't willing to sell for less than $1400.

Obviously the deal isn't going to be done at this stage. So both the buyer and seller let their offers and counter offers expire.

However, what if a year later the domain is still listed on NetFleet for sale, NetFleet could send an automated email to the buyer saying something to the effect of:

Hi XYZ,

We noticed you placed an offer on SomeDomain.com.au 12 months ago for $600 which wasn't accepted at the time.

According to our records the domain is still for sale if you are still interested.

You might like to consider making a new offer on SomeDomain.com.au.

Our research shows that often seller's situations change overtime and you might be surprised to find the sellers is now more willing to sell you SomeDomain.com.au so you should make them a new offer.

Sincerely,
The NetFleet Team.
Obviously many of these previous bidders probably wouldn't bother submitting a new offer again due to various reasons, but I reckon quite a few would, as sometimes all that is needed is a little prompt.

Plus a year is a long time, who knows what has changed over that period. Maybe the seller has dropped their price expectations, no doubt there are more people watching the domain who will be alerted when another offer is made (which might induce them to also make an offer), maybe the buyer's business has grown even more and they are even more interested than they were previously and are willing to up their bid to meet the sellers price, who knows...

Either way, I can't help but feel a simple email prompting past bidder to reengaged in domains they were previously interested in is only going to result in more sales which is great for NetFleet and domain sellers.

Thoughts?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yet another no-brainer from Chris.

Only thing I would add is that these emails are sent monthly so an active offerrer doesn't get spammed too often.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Only thing I would add is that these emails are sent monthly so an active offerrer doesn't get spammed too often.
LOL I was only suggesting them being emailed once a year because I was worried about them feeling like they were being spammed.

That said I don't think this is a HUGE risk given that it would only be sent to people who who have already indicated they were willing to part with their hard earned money to invest in that domain.

Maybe a quarterly reminder would be more appropriate if yearly isn't often enough.

What would be REALLY cool, is if a reminder was first sent after say 3 months, but then rather than them received another reminder after 6 months, they don't receive another one until after 12 months, and then they don't receive another one until after 24 months (so the frequency of contact about any individual domain goes down over time).

Also of course every email should have a link that says "I'm not interested in this domain anymore please don't send me emails about it".

But it of course would be in small font.

;)

DavidL

Top Contributor
What I meant is that all yearly emails to be aggregated monthly. Not for the buyer to be emailed every month for a particular domain.

Eg if the buyer makes an offer in Apr 2012, he gets a one-off reminder email in Apr 2013

But if he's made 20 offers on different domains in Apr 2012, he should only get one reminder in Apr 2013 for all domains

But yes you could play with frequency and intervals to get it just right.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I think a year may be too long .....they have moved on by then, i think two emails at six week intervals would suffice ......imo, good idea with merrit

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Any updates on this thought? I read recently that NF appointed a new marketing manager - is this sort of thing in the pipeline?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
With @Jonathan Gleeson arrival at NetFleet I thought I would bump this thread back up to both offer some food for thought and restart the conversation on some of these past NetFleet projects that stalled.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member