What's new

Selling one of my treasures

findtim

Top Contributor
my first , the HR
http://screencast.com/t/owxmMfcIw $13,800 !!
i bought mine for $400 and it was "hand painted" black, ......... you could see the brush stokes LOL, so i sanded it back and spray painted it white, but i couldn't believe the price of car paint !!!, so went to mitre 10 and bought a few tins of white FENCE paint ( i was only 17yrs !! )
some guy told me to wait for a sunny day and park your car in the sun, then spray it, the heat will make the paint smooth......... bloody well worked !!!

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
In the mid 80's Got drunk and put on my new chromies on my old grey undercoat Hr Sedan only to later discover hours later after midnight the Drum Brake Chromies locked the disc brakes and while absolutely plastered I had to change the wheels again as it was in a lane way behind the bakery who regularly complained about our cars being behind their business ......live and learn. This Hr was one of only fifty fitted with a small chev power steering unit .... I regret selling it

findtim

Top Contributor
my HR just blew a head gasget one day, i was the only guy with a car so i was popular LOL, we parked it on the side of the road and walked home !
next day we went back and filled the engine with oil and the radiator with water and the bloody thing started !!!!!!
i drove it for another year !!!
then one day the rear " ? drive shaft? " ceased and the car stopped INSTANTLY, rego was due, i was poor so i phone a wreckers and they came and picked it up " we pick up for free " so at THAT moment it was my best choice

BUGGER

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
Wow it's still got the 138

Sure has. For me personally I think that makes it less appealing. I know there are a lot of guys that like to keep their cars original, and this is pretty close to original in most ways. But I think i'm going to buy something a little more over the top in the future. Still old, but with a bit more grunt.

I have my eye on a HK at the moment.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I think I read disc brake front end so that with the looks should be enough inspiration to get a sale to someone looking for a project, needed original paint for the 138 to be a big plus i guess

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member