What's new

Selling On Terms

findtim

Top Contributor
in this case i think you would have to be planning on defaults and you just get it all back, but what damage could be done?
------------
this might be new to domains but i know there is a huge problem in bricks and mortar right now, established businesses that are GREAT traders and GREAT profit yet virtually not possible to be sold as they are effectively worth to much money, silly HEY ! worth to much money? but people know that eventually the business will close and the clients need to go somewhere ! doctors , lawyers, optoms, accountants are all just walking away from their businesses, even plumbers, electricians and brickies , good will is DEAD, and everybody should know a domain is only as good as its "last game" , its far more fragile then a bricks and mortar.

the chains are just taking over and waiting for the "old people to die" so to speak, google emd hasn't helped.

there is no way this guy has gone down the path of self finance unless he KNOWS thats his only choice, and then a lot of praying or as a best result he gets to a "break even point" and say enough is enough............fire sale............

he mentioned developed domains, naaaaaaa, this guy needs an seo guru

the way i read the article in the .com world ( which i do not deal in ) is get in and get out.....the keyword is "FLIP" and flip quick, i can't see many reasons for holding and this is his problem, TIME has got the better of him imo.

imo he should just fire sale now and be done with it.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Agree, he is probably just asking too much.

Re doctors, lawyers, plumbers these are businesses reliant on the owner, no capital value.

findtim

Top Contributor
reliant on the owner, no capital value
yeh, the goodwill goes when the owner changes although i did have 1 success with a client when he took over a retiring optoms business, basically he purchased the clients/leads and the danger here is the % lost once "kevin" is no longer the optom and you come in and "tim" is your new guy !
we retained @ 85% of clients and i think it was from one simple thing, we changed the business name from kevin optometrist to kevin/tim optometrist and kept it that way for 4 years ( optom patients are like domain renewals they have a 2 year cycle ) after 4 years we change to just "tim optometrist" and saw another slight drop but that could have been from anything eg: spec*****s

i'm currently working with him on an exit strategy for himself and have been for the last 5 years we have been rebranding him from his name to his EMD town-optom , so here is a good excuse why an emd still has value, likewise i am working with another client to do the same thing so i'll be very interested to see what happens.

another client of mine "got out" a few years back ( i was not involved but the new owner is now my client ) but for a 3rd of what he wanted, the problem there was TIME, and i saw the same thing on shark tank last night where someone had a patent but it only had 3 years left to run, a very similar analogy i think.

very few domains run solely online, most have some form of bricks and mortar even if its the guys ute towing a lawn mower with "mow.com.au" on the side, its still bricks imo, so we can acknowledge that emd's don't have the same value they use to, also brandables are great so in the end an emd thats brandable and has some money behind it to get BRANDED through seo of traditional media has some value.

so for me the end result is you have to look at this guy and say ......hmmmmmm what am i going to do with my folio when i get to his stage of life? i think i know the answer..........don't

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Yep ...... no clear usage, perhaps a fun video website but I think there is one called YouTube or something like that?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member