What's new

Selling au domains via parking pages with buy it now

Scott7

Top Contributor
I'm thinking of selling some au domains using 'buy it now' prices, rather than 'make offer'. The two parking companies I use are Fabulous and Bodis, and in my mind, both present some challenges when it comes to 'buy it now' sales of au names.

With Fabulous, if I list a domain for $1,000 it will display on the parked page as AU $1,100, then show the list price as $1,000 when you click through to the sale page. The $1,000 in this case means USD, however, there is no indication of this for the potential buyer. It just looks like you made an error when setting up the prices and gives the impression that you are not firm on price. The box underneath the list price reinforces this by asking the buyer for their 'offering price'.

Using the same scenario with Bodis, I can set up the parked page with a link above the ads that says, "The domain yourdomainhere.com.au may be for sale for $1,000.00. Click here to purchase this domain." Upon clicking through there is a purchase form that is processed through Escrow.com. The problem is that the price is in USD, although this is assumed rather than explicitly stated. My experience in selling domains, although limited compared with many members here, is that Australian buyers expect to transact in Australian dollars and are more comfortable in doing so. I think that some buyers could be put off when discovering that the price is higher because of the USD or by having to sign up to a US escrow service to make the purchase.

Any thoughts, advice or methods that have worked in your experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member