What's new

Seeking Client Input

So Guys,
Looking for your input.
Since day 1 I've been hearing about the NF blind bidding system. I'm not ready to get rid of the blind auction yet, but
In the spirit of change, what is everyone's feelings about NF publishing the results of the auction soon after it completes. In a similar fashion to other auction services a list that shows the domains we caught and how much they sold for.
The auction would still be blind but those how have bid on a domain and lost will be able to see by how much.

-- Jonathan

findtim

Top Contributor
ok, some of these comments i make might suggest i am flipping on my ideals, but i am not, so take it with good grace.

i bid on a .co.nz domain via a nz company years ago, i think domainz ???? ( and lost) it was totally open with usernames etc, it was just an experiment for me so i didn't really care.
there are other threads on here about that process and its mixed feelings.
-----------------
i think your suggestion of maintaining blind bidding but then publishing people usernames is not neccessary/pointless
drop.com.au's "bidder1, bidder2 ............... " works fine, i don't fell the need to know who beat me.
bid on a domain and lost will be able to see by how much
if this is what you mean ? showing me that i won and paid $1999 for a domain and the underbidder was at $32 isn't going to work well for you i think in the long run !
-------------
when i started bidding a few years ago it was NF and drop, it was a beautiful fair system, i can see the addition of DS as an alternative but at least they have come into the party with a strategy which is " join us or not "
but johnathan you really have to grab a beer and read the thread that relates to NF changing to blind binding as thats when NF just screwed it up.

in a nut shell, NF screwed it, drop don't care, and DS are going to win the race eventually if NF don't go back to what it was ( " classic coke theory" ) you may have a chance.
-------------
blind bidding pretty much took me out of the market and i am sure many others, if i desire something i might? put a bid on drop otherwise i go to crazyD 10 minutes after and if its there i'll hand reg, if not i don't care.
this doesn't make any of my statements invalid as others have said the same to me, so really NF have lost the SPARK it use to have
-----------------
note: i rarely buy domains now, haven't for ? almost a year, i rarely look at dropping domains but when i was buying i was very active for a small business so the state of the drop domain industry right now is scattered.

i'd love to see some stats on the bidding trends since NF changed and i would be very surprised if its not heading south.

tim

Rhythm

Top Contributor
For security: Two Factor Authentication

For administration:
CNAME + TXT record editing
MX records

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Perhapes Make bids visible until the 10 min Mark then go silent . After close make bids visible. either way, I don't like silence....it might work for charity auctions but not for IP

So Guys,
Looking for your input.
Since day 1 I've been hearing about the NF blind bidding system. I'm not ready to get rid of the blind auction yet, but
In the spirit of change, what is everyone's feelings about NF publishing the results of the auction soon after it completes. In a similar fashion to other auction services a list that shows the domains we caught and how much they sold for.
The auction would still be blind but those how have bid on a domain and lost will be able to see by how much.

-- Jonathan
Hi Jonathan, a little off point, but a suggestion non the less, which I made a suggestion in another post, and that is to (a) cancel a back order which is on a PD or CD domain; and (b) not allow back orders on PD or CD domains. This is to prevent a recent trend in bad faith complaints in order to secure valuable domains for the backorder fee. I believe you will also make more money doing this, as it will allow everyone to bid on a domain.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I think the more data NetFleet publishes the better for transparency and the better for the industry as a whole.

Of course my biggest gripe with NetFleet was that they never reactivated their Aftermarket Auction (the platform that allowed domainers to auction off their own domains on the NetFleet platform).

I think reactivating the AMA would be a positive move for NetFleet and the industry as a whole.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo