What's new

Searching registered domains .au

laxation

Is there a way to search through already registered domain names to see if someone (eg. a competitor) has registered a name that may infringe on trade marks?

For example, if I worked for Coke, I would be looking for anyone who registered coke-services.com.au

Cheers

James

Top Contributor
Just download all typos for your brand and known brand + Keyword tools from Adwords/ Search Console or GKT as noted above and run bulk queries by a team member you can usually do 100 a time and 1000 in a few minutes.

When I worked in house at Virgin Mobile many years ago we always use to do this as affiliates would infringe on the trademark.

laxation

Thanks for that workaround guys!

Am I correct to say that relies on me guessing the exact domain that was registered?

James

Top Contributor
Thanks for that workaround guys!

Am I correct to say that relies on me guessing the exact domain that was registered?
You can make an "educated guess" usually anyone who buys a domain and tries to infringe on a trademark is going to buy it based on Traffic metrics or typo. you can easily scan for your top 1000 typos.

jamesau

PM me the keyword and I can run a check for you. It's not comprehensive but it might cover 60 - 70% of AU domains.

laxation

Thats a good point!

I've been trying to figure out how to put the word into the GKT, but can't find where to put it in... Any tips for a beginner?
You can make an "educated guess" usually anyone who buys a domain and tries to infringe on a trademark is going to buy it based on Traffic metrics or typo. you can easily scan for your top 1000 typos.

laxation

When I try to go to
https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner

It goes straight to setting up my first ads. I don't want to make any ads though...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo