What's new

Scammers

Ash

Top Contributor
The company I work for has just been approached by an 'SEO' company who own the rights to a premium domain name they are looking to lease for $1,000 /month.

They claimed the search stats were very high, but when I checked in GAKT they were very low so I asked where they sourced their figures because I was having a tough time repeating their results; apparently they came from Google Analytics but they had already told me it was not a developed site, only a domain name at this stage. Alarm bells rung (even louder) so I just checked and the domain is not even registered!

I'll shoot admin an email to see if they are familiar with the company and they can choose to share the details if they see fit.

I think it's fair to credit DNTrade with helping me see through this scam, because I've learned a lot from coming here and I can see how this scam would have sounded very tempting to the layperson.

acheeva

Top Contributor
so I just checked and the domain is not even registered!

I am getting 1-2 of these each month (still less than the Nigerians or cancer patients)

If you even thought twice about it then I hope you register the name and send them a letter rejecting their offer but thanking them for making you aware that the name was available

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo