What's new

sale gone awry

bradderick

Hey Guys,

Looking for some friendly advice here.

I sold a domain recently to someone. I believe that they may be a member here.

One of my conditions of sale (sent via email) was that a change of registrant be completed after funds transfer had taken place.

The funds transfer went through and he now controls the domain after it was transferred to a new registrar. The sticking point is that the old company name is still attached to the domain.

This company name should not be on a domain name that is no longer under its control.

I have asked the buyer at least 6/7 times to get this done and I have waited now for about 2 months.

His response is that Ventra IP won't or can't do it.

He seems like a nice guy however I just want this issue solved.

I believe legally I could reverse the transaction as one of the conditions of sale has been breached, however I would prefer looking for a minimum fuss solution.

Should I contact ventraIP, should I contact AUDA?

What is the best solution to this problem? Has anyone ever had this happen to them before.

atom

Administrator
It's happened to me, although with a .com, not a .au. It went on for years with the buyer saying he'd change the details whenever I contacted him but he never did. As recently as a week ago it still had my business name, email, phone number etc as the WHOIS contacts. Eventually he stopped replying to emails.

The only option open to me was to contact the registrar (GD) and report the incorrect WHOIS data. I had to verify I was the person/entity in the record, then they set about getting the new owner to correct it. Your post just reminded me to see if anything has changed. Doing a WHOIS search now results in:

This domain name has been suspended due to invalid Whois information.

I'm not sure what differences there are being .au, but I'd suggest contacting Ventra first before approaching auDA.

morganp

Hey Brad,

I think this thread involves myself.

I paid and requested the 'company ownership' be changed with Ventra IP on October 26th. I did email them again since then but didnt get a response, ive just emailed them once again to ask what is happening with it. As im not sure what else i have to do as i completed all required information with Ventra IP.

Sorry about the slow responses etc. It was a bad time for me responding during the Spring Carnival as my business is horse racing related.

Will try and get it sorted ASAP. Sorry once again, im not trying to be rude with the situation.

James

Top Contributor
This seems like something VentraIP and AUDA should answer imo, I mean in my eyes I think Morgan is doing his best to aid the situation.

johno69

Top Contributor
Why don't you set the contact email as your own, and simply do a COR into your name?

This will fix everything in an automated fashion without piss farting around.

bradderick

thanks guys and thanks Morgan. Hopefully this can get fixed up soon. I've never had to wait for so long for a COR to go through. If VentraIP can't / won't do it - should we contact AUDA and make a complaint?

If you've paid money, then they should get around to doing it or at least give you your money back.

What Johno69 seems like an option too. Might be worth investigating. Seems like the least amount of fuss necessary.

morganp

Hey Brad,

Glad its all sorted this was their response on Friday:

Your COR request timed out.

I've now restarted it for you. Please ensure *all* steps are completed.

Please let me know if you have any queries or concerns.

So i had to redo it and it seems to have worked. Sorry about the hassle.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member