What's new

Running an SEO competition?

James

Top Contributor
Any one based in (Australia) interested to join an SEO competition?
Competition rules:
Must be using a brand new domain which is not currently indexed.
- Domain purchase age ideally under 1 year if possible.
- Please no expired domains on this one.
- Budget for the competition on the lower side say $1,000 (Hosting, domain, content, basic dev) Your time will ideally not be factored in here.
- 100% white hat.
- Lets try to keep the sites basic ie: content, reviews, nothing to crazy (ideally sites would be build on Wordpress or Drupal)
*If you feel any other rules need to be added please advise)
How do we decide who wins:
- Total Organic Traffic from (August 24th 2013 - December 24th 2013)
- Total Referral traffic from (August 24th 2013 - December 24th 2013)
- Total Revenue made from the site (August 24th 2013 - December 24th 2013)

To join this Competition we ideally want seasoned internet marketers from Australia (3 years + experience). As this is part of an invite only SEO group. I will need to invite you by the Facebook email you use.

- We currently have 3 people who are part of the competition.

findtim

Top Contributor
- Domain purchase age ideally under 1 year if possible.
- Please no expired domains on this one.

so a handreg? because an expired domain would have similar past assets as and AMA ?

as would something that has gone through drops and back to handreg recently as i have a first page website that stayed firstpage even after it dropped?

and aslo i suppose rule out anything that went PD

tim

James

Top Contributor
so a handreg? because an expired domain would have similar past assets as and AMA ?

as would something that has gone through drops and back to handreg recently as i have a first page website that stayed firstpage even after it dropped?

and aslo i suppose rule out anything that went PD

tim

Well the thing more with expired domains is the existing traffic some yield, for example I have purchased years ago already have 1k existing visitors a month. This competition more tests fresh sites.

James

Top Contributor
No prize this is just for the glory and the revenue.

Some good strategies already in the works by the sounds of it.

Message me with your (facebook email address, I will add you to the private group)

findtim

Top Contributor
take this the right way james but i don't "do facebook" , so does that mean anyone who doesn't " do facebook" would have no hope of winning? firstly because they can't enter but secondly is it a presumption that SEO now no longer exists without facebook involvement?

hmmm, what if my site was aimed at " i'm 13 and my friends are not on facebook"?

tim

james: i am not making a joke, i am just curious.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo