What's new

RSS Feeds - NEW THREAD - Different Topic

shags38

Top Contributor
Guys I decided to start a new thread relating to the specifics of the question posed by me in the other RRS Feeds thread - the reasons being that the original topic was answered very well and the thread discussion got way off topic (became a Google bashing discussion - how unusual :) ) AND I believe this question / topic to be important enough for its own discussion.

So the following is the quote - I really would love to know how this is done, really :cool:

cheers,
Shags

p.s. Looking at the source of the page it appears Feedburner may be being used.

I once visited a site that had 3 incoming RSS feeds but actually had the content from each feed randomly mixed into the one table or frame, I think by time frame order.

It was quite good. The other brilliant thing I thought from an SEO viewpoint was that each article in the feed had its URL changed to his site's URL so that it became http://www."hissite".com.au/"articlefeedsite".com/"articletitle".html and each article was archived by title and date and filed in pages on his site so that the amount of "relevant" content on the site was enormous (probably why he had #1 SERP - legitimate site, internet industry based, about 200k au searches per month ) but it was the only other content on his site other than the home page!!

Any ideas how that was done?? ;) ... if so I would dearly love to know how to achieve the same thing for a number of my sites.

cheers,
Mike

shags38

Top Contributor
My brilliant logic sometimes even surprises me!

I think I figured it out. They subscribe to an RSS Feed (or multiples) then save the relevant articles then put those articles in their own RSS feed to which they then subscribe to publishing their own RSS feed on their own index page resulting in the originating URL being their own - absolutely brilliant but time consuming.

So there must be an easier way right? - who knows of an easier way?

Last edited:

johno69

Top Contributor
There is a WordPress plugin to auto post from RSS feeds. You can add in multiple feeds to grab the posts from so they will blend in together. You can also set up a cron to fully automate it.

If you are lucky enough to find some RSS that has full content then this could be the way to go.

I have previously used the plugin but can't remember which one it was now.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member