Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Shane

Top Contributor
I tried to use it this the afternoon and was disappointed to see it's gone... :(

I don't really know of any other services, so will certainly be keeping an eye on this thread. :)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
yes i got an email trying to sell a similar tool only yesterday, the whole email was based on the yahoo tool no longer being available

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
he answer is: SEO SpyGlass will work normally as before. You're safe with your SEO software and there's nothing to worry about.

There are just 3 things we'd love to tell you which are making SEO SpyGlass the right choice for backlink research after Site-Explorer shutdown:

1) SEO SpyGlass will continue gathering up to 100,000 links like before.

Unlike other backlink tools that relied on Yahoo! Site Explorer in the first place (and may become obsolete in a couple of hours) SEO SpyGlass will continue gathering hundreds of thousands links without Yahoo! Site Explorer. SEO SpyGlass uses multiple sources to spy out links. If Site-Explorer breaks, your links will be pulled from another place.

2) Your software was massively prepared for this YSE thing over the last month.

Of course we knew about the upcoming change beforehand and made a few important updates to SEO SpyGlass (adding more new backlink sources and upgrading the old ones).

3) Link count will even grow in a few weeks!

Right now we're already running in-house tests of an own multi-billion database of links. This means that you will have a new, very backlink-rich channel for pulling links. You'll be able to use it in SEO SpyGlass in just a couple of weeks.

So, as you see, there's no need to worry - with SEO SpyGlass you won't be caught off guard.

If you're still relying on any other free backlink research tool, this might be high time you switched to SEO SpyGlass as it's already the best desktop backlink finder and is about to beat even online services for backlink search.

Have a good week with the best SEO software!

Cheers,
Link-Assistant.Com team

P.S. Please go here if you need to download SEO SpyGlass.
Or follow this link to order an unlimited SEO SpyGlass license.

James

Top Contributor
Ive tested the demo for that, does not look that crash hot compared to some of the other tools ive used.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I included it here as i had mentioned i received an email on the same day as the yahoo tool disappeared, i came across the email and thought i would post it here

Always interesting to read reviews thanks

johnsee

I use Majestic, but it's an investment that's probably a little too much if you are just doing it as a hobby. Open Site Explorer is also good, but doesn't have the same scope of index as Majestic. Never used any of the others, I'd be interested to see a good comparison between the lot on frequency of crawls, depth of index and breadth of data collected.

James

Top Contributor
I use Majestic, but it's an investment that's probably a little too much if you are just doing it as a hobby. Open Site Explorer is also good, but doesn't have the same scope of index as Majestic. Never used any of the others, I'd be interested to see a good comparison between the lot on frequency of crawls, depth of index and breadth of data collected.

Majestic has a deeper index as they have been crawling domains for far longer then OSE has. The thing is that OSE is more of a fresh index as it is updated every month or two. But really Mejestic is pretty low on cost, other link building tools such as Ontolo know how to add on the the costs lol

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member