What's new

Righto

Billy01

Top Contributor
Netfleet has been wonderful. The guys are great and the service to the industry fantastic.

However in one question, maybe a few (that "will" get me in trouble) and I've been thinking it for months

What on earth is this newish site?

If it isn't broken in a relatively new industry why change it?

I hate the colour scheme, I never go there anymore as it's too complicated. I just tried to look at a name I hold in search and it doesn't appear.

I can't drag anything into auction

If I'm the only one thinking this (most likely) its my place to vent my frustration on what used to be good.

Just be happy it's taken me 3 months until I HAD to say something.

This has not moved with an uneducated market. If you can prove it in sales great. Until then I visit, I click away

In a nutshell for all the hard work put into it "out of 10. ONE" and I'm in a good mood.

Billy01

Top Contributor
fx and cfd platforms are easier to use

We are calling it like we see it.

Whoever was given the brief on usability on the new site
They may have been on smoko eating hash cookies
Out the back

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Netfleet has been wonderful. The guys are great and the service to the industry fantastic.

However in one question, maybe a few (that "will" get me in trouble) and I've been thinking it for months

What on earth is this newish site?

If it isn't broken in a relatively new industry why change it?
The real change is the combined auctions, which is working out really well for sellers.
I hate the colour scheme, I never go there anymore as it's too complicated. I just tried to look at a name I hold in search and it doesn't appear.
The search is not great, and is on my TODO list to improve. Some elements of the colour scheme are also on the list to change but just small stuff, not going to change back to blue.
I can't drag anything into auction
We are not planning on dragging anything anytime soon.

If I'm the only one thinking this (most likely) its my place to vent my frustration on what used to be good.

Just be happy it's taken me 3 months until I HAD to say something.

This has not moved with an uneducated market. If you can prove it in sales great. Until then I visit, I click away

In a nutshell for all the hard work put into it "out of 10. ONE" and I'm in a good mood.
The new site seems to work well on buyers especially retail buyers. Feel free to vent, it does not fall on totally deaf ears, this is mostly stuff which irritates us too but we are all busy so there needs to be priorities.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I must admit i do not visit like i used to at first, l do agree it has become more than complicated, things were fine. Whilst i do not think hash cookies or hash oil was involved.

Simply put when there was no crossover between different auction platforms it was a much easier site to use, i do wonder what new visitors think?

It seems every time there is a change there is ten questions needed to be asked .......a big put off. To be honest i kinda lost interest.

It's not about 'getting in trouble' to state the obvious, it's about offering realistic feedback

Regards

Billy01

Top Contributor
Thanks Rod

You've articulated my thoughts exactly.

I'm glad we agree. It makes no sense and the fact that it should come with a warning

If you have a minimum biochemistry degree or above to use this site we'd like you to..................

"Cash in on the new gold rush"

Buy generic domain names at bargain prices today, then sit back, relax and watch your investments strike gold. The demand for keyword rich, generic domains is sky rocketing. It’s like investing in beach front property…but even better. With low spend and low risk, it’s the smartest way to create wealth. Build your domain name portfolio now. Take your pick from thousands of premium domain names - more .AU domains up for grabs than anywhere else! Read the success stories of winning domain investors.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Ouch feels like you might be starting to straying away from constructive criticism here.

Half of the threads in the last month have been critical of us not making enough changes and it taking too long, now you guys are critical of us making changes. Seems the old adage is true that you cannot make everyone happy all of the time.

For the most part the changes have been producing amazing results for sellers and lots of very happy buyers so the changes seem to be effective.

I've kicked off some work to improve the android experience and to fix our general design bugs/oversights.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Half of the threads in the last month have been critical of us not making enough changes and it taking too long, now you guys are critical of us making changes. Seems the old adage is true that you cannot make everyone happy all of the time..

Thats what it boils down to. I did think previously the overall response from Domainers was positive.

For the most part the changes have been producing amazing results for sellers and lots of very happy buyers so the changes seem to be effective..

And that's the test. Whatever anybody thinks about how it looks, should operate etc all that matters is the results and, as you say, they have been overwhelmingly positive since the changes.

Billy01

Top Contributor
It's Clearly Doing Well ??

If the numbers are up that's all that matters. I couldn't agree more so we'll take that as gospal.
Cheers

DavidL

Top Contributor
Maybe Anthony can do some numbers on AMA's

I know there were some figures mentioned on a thread previously but would be great to see them in a tabular format month by month.

AMA's volume and value
Std Listings volume & value
CORs volume

Cheers

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

I know there were some figures mentioned on a thread previously but would be great to see them in a tabular format month by month.

AMA's volume and value
CORs volume

Cheers

That is not going to change what i preferred

Billy01

Top Contributor
Hang on Hang On Cheers

AMA's volume and value
CORs volume

Cheers

Above is wrong. Firstly you were running ads in print mags back in 2008/2009 at maybe $5k a pop.

That has built the brand with a marketing mix of $$$
So with the new site if I'm going to put out "my" capital for a reserve in an auction I want to know how much the site has grown in traffic and members.
Daily Uniques for eg with the new design

Just because the sales numbers are up it could be 800 buyers that were the same 800 4 years ago.
If the traffic isn't growing and we're getting Mum and Dad investors into the game none of us can improve
1/ our sales
2/ our volume

Yes we all know its a gold mine and its a great marketing approach. Just a shame its lost behind the complexity that Mum and Dad don't get. Where is KISS?

Shane

Top Contributor
Ran out of things to complain about Gerry Harvey have you?

If you don't like Netfleet go and use a different service or build your own.

FWIW I think the new site is an improvement over the old.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
So with the new site if I'm going to put out "my" capital for a reserve in an auction I want to know how much the site has grown in traffic and members.
Daily Uniques for eg with the new design
There is actually no need for you to invest any capital. If you transfer your domain to Netfleet you can set a reserve for free so there is absolutely no up-front costs.
Transfers between registrars for .au domains is always free.
There are also no upfront costs for adding a domain to the catalogue.
If you keep your domains with a competitor where you pay more for your renewals then yes there is a cost for you to use the reserve auctions. We are aiming to provide a very simple after auction process where we do not have to wait an extra 48 hours for the sale to complete.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member